I keep a dream journal and a pen near my bed so I can scribble things down when I first wake up in the morning. Any dreams recounted on this blog, including here, here, here, here, and here, are direct results of me having this dream journal. It is an often invaluable tool. On the other hand, it's pretty much just as often completely useless. My method is to write down a few things when I wake up, then take a shower to get my day going, and come back to the journal and try to flesh out my notes. This is what I wrote yesterday morning, verbatim.
"Giraffe, Roald Dahl, WTF?"
I came back after my shower and had absolutely no memory of writing it down or what any of it meant. Not even the "WTF?" part. It was just gone, lost forever and ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah, this is a tragedy. The combination of those elements sounds mighty deadly. Box office gold, pissed into the winds of your not-quite-conscious.
I don't know. You may have dodged a bullet. I think you generated a lot of positive karma by not forging Douglas Adams' signature all those years ago.
Did you know that the death sentence for the world's first female serial killer (Locusta, lived in Rome in the first century A.D.) was to be "raped to death by a specially trained giraffe"?
This begs many questions.
1) How do you go about "specially training" a giraffe to rape someone to death. Maybe more importantly, how do you train him to stop?
2) A giraffe? Really? I mean, there are a ton of animals that would have been much more convenient to rape a woman to death. Either the giraffe had to kneel down to an uncomfortable level, or she was hoisted up in some fashion... the fact remains that a tiger could have gotten the job done faster and without as much "special training".
3) She merely poisoned people. Giraffe rape seems excessive.
I honestly hope that doesn't help shed any light on your dream, but I was just tossin it out there.
Maybe they needed an animal that had A) a giant penis, but also B) would rather violate than devour its victim. The tiger might have gone into business for himself and just eaten that hussy.
Post a Comment