Saturday, January 26, 2008

So Much for the City

I had a whole bit about the Mars "humanoid" photos and how we could probably conquer the entire planet with whistling sticks, and it was great. Problem is, I already told it to Adam and he didn't sell it very much, so I'm too salty to make my sweet joke public here. I repeat: blame Uncle Adam.

Despite Rick's best efforts, no further fog has lifted from the veil of whatever the fuck I was dreaming about the other night.

Apparently I'm going to watch the Miss America pageant tonight. I know, right? What's that all about? According to the official Miss America website, it's already on, and has been since 8:00 pm. Maybe we're going to watch a replay. I'll trust Mandy's expertise where this is concerned. Kind of weird to think how far that broadcast has fallen though. Saturday night on TLC. Yeesh.

I think I'm being shunned by up to two of the five boroughs. I can't get ahold of either Abe or Veronica. So, if either of you are reading this, show some love. Return a phone call.

April got LASIK surgery or some equivalent, but I keep forgetting that, so her subsequent MySpace journals and updates have left me scratching my head for a few seconds every time without fail. "Why would she be nervous about venturing out - OHHHHH, right. The eye thing." I don't know why I have a mental block on that event taking place.

U-God's opening line from Ain't Nuthin' To Fuck With is still my favorite opening line of any rap song ever. I mention this because that song just came on i-Tunes, and I find it impressive that anything on any of my lists has maintained its position over the course of nearly two months. Way to go, U-God!

Cody hasn't been mentioned on this here blog in a fair bit. The reason for this? He doesn't get on the AIM machine. He posts on Death Valley Driver with all of his real Internet friends, but leaves me in the dark. Chump.

I watched the first episode of Garth... Mernghi's(?) Darkplace the other day at Lee's house, and right after the fact, I loved it and couldn't wait to see more. After some reflection however, I don't know that I ever need to see it again. It's non-stop farce, and it's pretty much the same reason I can't watch The Colbert Report or Family Guy. Kind of satisfying every now and then, but there's just not enough substance there for me to invest 22 minutes in it on a regular basis. I guess that given it had a six-episode run the investment isn't too significant. Still, didn't bowl me over.

According to someone who will remain unnamed, I've been abusing the term "shook" of late. I'll admit that I've been using it with great frequency, but I truly believe the word has a broader application than this person... for the sake of the story, let's call him Groovy V, believes. Basically, Groovy V is hating on "shook", which may in fact make him the world's very first half-way crook. For shame.

By the way, the title of today's entry is literally meaningless in terms of the content found below it. I often hate trying to think of names for these things, and it's usually the last thing I come up with. It's weird, because when I was a kid writing short stories, I'd always think up a "cool" title first thing, and then try to shoehorn a story into it. This is a very silly way to go about things, I know, but I was young. Now it's a constant struggle to attach a title to anything I've written. It may be part of my fear of actually finishing a piece of writing, whatever it may be. Like giving it a name makes it real, and harder to distance myself from. So, back to the title of this entry, it's the name of The Thrills' first album, in case anyone was wondering.

Peace and love.

5 comments:

Funky D said...

Yeah, I was excited by the fact that the title of this post was unrelated to the content therein...until you spilled the beans, stealing the thunder from a rock pun which was ASSUREDLY MIGHTY! And thrilling, ROFL. Thanks a lot, party pooper. Pooper doesn't pass spellcheck? And neither does spellcheck? OUTRAGE!!!

Andy said...

How do you spellcheck comments? I wanna play.

Funky D said...

On my computers, the browser does it itself (must be a Firefox thing?). If it doesn't like one of my words, it gets underlined, lining it up for correction.

Andy said...

Fancy ass Firefox.

Unknown said...

If it matters to anybody, the "naked woman" on Mars is about a few inches high. Just remember that if you end up seeing the image later. Oh, and, uh, "science." Just saying "science" pretty much deals with "ZOMG PERSN ON MARS LOL"