Sadly, it looks like the August 1st Affliction: Trilogy party may not be taking place. One of the fighters in the main event, Josh Barnett, has reportedly failed an out of competition drug test, making him ineligible to compete in the state of California. Barnett denies any wrongdoing, but when he was UFC Heavyweight Champion he failed a steroid test causing him to be stripped of his title and exiled from the company. Where does this leave Fedor?
No one is sure right now, but the most marketable opponent, former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley, is 4-0 in his MMA career, and would be, in my opinion, a fool to accept the fight. So unless we're getting Lashley/Fedor, I ain't buyin' it!
So if that's the case, how about August 8th for UFC 101?

Also, interesting article by Dave Meltzer on Yahoo! Sports about the Brock Lesnar backlash. You can read it here

This man... steroid user?

5 comments:
He seems to make some good points in that article, none of which apply to me, of course. I couldn't care less who is and isn't a previous WWE-er.
Oh, I understand. Your dislike of Brock Lesnar is much more organic. Still, I like the article.
If you don't like Brock Lesnar to the point he's a "dial-turner", you shouldn't be watching UFC.
I shouldn't be watching *your face*, more like!
(Actually, I've realised that I don't dislike B.L. as much as I dislike people thinking he's "cool" for being a hateful person. I have no exposure to any "mainstream" UFC fans who don't like him for their own faux-macho idiotic reasons.)
In other news, when I first read Bobby Lashley, I thought of Billy Mitchell for some reason. Now that's someone I'd like to see in a fight.
Josh, even if Brock Lesnar is a dial turner for Amanda, that would have an impact on at most three fights a year. FAILURE.
Post a Comment