Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The thing at the bottom is an acronym

Have you seen that terrible commercial for the fake ATM? A ten year old (estimating) kid asks his mom for ten bucks, and mom hands it over. Later that day, he comes back and asks for ten more. Mom's like, "Hey, you little fucker, I just gave you ten bucks. Where'd it go?" The kid just kind of shrugs his shoulders, and that's good enough for mom dukes apparently, as she GIVES HIM TEN MORE DOLLARS. And then, after she's given this pre-teen twenty dollars to blow on candy and Pogs or whatever, she goes out and buys him the fake ATM to teach him about the value of a dollar. This commercial is a complete failure. If you're going to write the mom as an idiot who spoils her son so badly, she shouldn't be able to figure out that she needs the product by herself. After giving her son the money, she should look right into the camera, say "There must be a better way!" and then the announcer goes into the product pitch. When you're using an ATM as a symbol of financial responsibility your product has enough to overcome to begin with. The least you can do is not compound the problem by making offensively bad commercials.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Thanks, mom. Now when I play bank I don't even have to leave my battery powered Formula One racer!"

Any time (and it's pretty often) I think about how useless U-God is and how he should be kicked out of the Wu-Tan Clan, I invariably hear Da Mystery of Chessboxin' soon after and am reminded of his awesome opening line: "Raw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia/Raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia". It's like God letting me know that there's a place for even the wackest members of any crew.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's to only mostly sucking.

For a strike update, talks were described as "friendly but unproductive" for Tuesday, the second day of negotiations. HURRY UP, HOLLYWOOD CHUMPS. More details here.

Before I go, just a reminder about a couple of things. I want to watch the Ring of Honor: Man Up pay per view sometime in the near future, possibly on Sunday evening. Those local and interested, please express said interest here on the blog.

Andrew, Dave, and I are planning on heading to Heath for the Luchagors show on Tuesday the 4th. Tickets are $10. Could be fun to see what Lita gave up weekly national television exposure for. Any other takers?

All right, sports fans. I'm gonna bounce on out of here for the day. Until next time, you've been blogged.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Stuff We All Get

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought it was "the anus."

"xcxup" -- Ecks See Ecks UP, yo!!!

Unknown said...

chessboxing is a real thing. not just a rap thing.

Andy said...

It wasn't when the song was written!

DAVEKWON said...

U God backwards is Dog U and that's what he's gonna do in his next rhyme! PEACE

Andy said...

Webby > U-God