
On the other hand, I grabbed a Columbus Alive yesterday. I forgot to bring my half-read Wrestling Observer Newsletter on the bus with me, and desperate for something to read, I hurried over to Habib's and picked up a copy. Now, I've loved The Other Paper for longer than I can remember, and always thought of Columbus Alive as something of an ugly stepsister. And that was before the Dispatch bought it. This is hardly a groundbreaking statement, but where it was once just amateurish, Columbus Alive is now completely laughable. Provided you can wade through the sea of ads and spot the articles hiding between them, you're sure to find all kinds of great content, like a recap of the goings on at the latest shitty bar Miss Bella went to. Or how about a few great Thanksgiving desert recipes? Way to reach your target demographic there, fellas.
Sorry to anyone not from Columbus for that whole thing. Columbus Alive just really sticks in my craw.
I went to see the MC Chris show at The High Five on Thursday night with various sundry characters, including Funky D, Old Renkes, the McD Twins, and Meryl. Actually, that's everyone. Anyhow, it was my third time catching his act, and hey, as long as people continue to make video games, he's always going to have fresh material between songs, that's for sure.
I went to see the Beowulf picture with my dad yesterday afternoon. Honest to God, I didn't know this existed until about three weeks ago, and had no idea it was motion captured until I was in the theater watching it. From the previews, I just thought it was a bunch of really shitty special effects. And you know what? Maybe that was the case. However, I saw it in on a glorious IMAX screen in even more glorious 3-D! Much like Superman Returns in 2006, I have a feeling that if I ever see this again in a lesser format, I'll be very disappointed. So my advice to you all is to get out there and catch it in 3-D while you can. Also, Angelina Jolie in hybrid live action/motion capture still has a fantastic boob job, and trying to think about Jon Voigt's wrinkled sack from whence she came did not aid me in forestalling my lust.

You on the left, you failed me. You on the right, well played.
I defeated Photobucket.
That is all.
Okay, I guess I can elaborate. I tried to upload three pictures last night, and got back a message saying that only two of the three had been processed due to my now having ONE THOUSAND images stored in my album. That's right. ONE THOUSAND. And it only took three and a half years. Apparently I can create a sub-album and keep going, so it's not really a big deal, but I felt like I had made a very minor accomplishment. I think I'll probably go through and delete a few of the non-blog pics.

A fine example of a pic from my album never before seen on this here blog. Unless it was. To be perfectly honest, I've kind of lost track at this point.
I need to be more mature about my sleeping habits. For some reason, I often find it difficult to justify going to sleep at a reasonable hour. There's always "one more episode" to watch or "one more chapter" to read, or "one more game" to play. I have a test this morning at 9, and you know what time I finally turned the TV off to go to sleep? 3:30! Now, I was laying down from about midnight until then, but for Christ's sake, I definitely could have used that time more productively. It's not like I'd never seen the first eight episodes of the second season of Scrubs. Believe me, I had!
OBLIGATORY "THE OFFICE" REVIEW FOR SEASON 4, EPISODE 8: "THE DEPOSITION"
[Daymon]GOOD NEWS, SON![/Daymon] The Writer's Guild of America and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (the two sides in the squabble) have agreed to resume negotiations on Monday, November 26th. Even if you don't care about television, if you're reading this blog, you care about me, who does. So please, put some good vibes out into the universe and hopefully this will all be resolved soon with minimal impact on my ability to consume scripted entertainment.
As for Thursday's episode itself, a big step up from Survivor Man, that's for sure. Actually, aside from Kelly turning into a raging bitch seemingly overnight (or over the span of a week at most), this may have been the season's strongest offering from a flat out comedic standpoint. And even Kelly's sudden bitchiness served the comedic master if not the logical storytelling master. "I don’t talk trash. I talk smack. They’re totally different. Trash talk is all hypothetical, like, "Your momma is so fat, she could eat the Internet." But smack talk is, happening like, right now. Like, "you’re ugly and I know it for a fact, 'cause I got the evidence. Right there.""

"Your boyfriend is so weak, he needs steroids just to watch baseball."
This was another episode where your heart really goes out to Michael, as he's (quite unfairly) torn between the woman he loves and the company he loves. Judging by the ending of the episode, looks like things could be rocky for Michael and Jan. The ping-pong subplot was very welcome to take the edge off the very dark comedy found in the A story, and more Craig Robinson on my TV screen is fantastic. Oh, and Toby just ruled the world in this one. It was a bittersweet episode of course, as it's the final one for the time being.
Well, time to get a move on. Not much else to say but GO BUCKS!

Hope to see you soon.

3 comments:
I don't remember that Bob Sapp pic either, but yeah, it deserved to see the light of day. Majestic.
the new hottness...http://mittensfordavekwon.blogspot.com remeber where you heard it first faggot!
So do you suppose you are sufficiently geared up for the big game yet?
Post a Comment