Tuesday, July 04, 2006

You Will Believe A Man Can Fly

Go see Superman Returns right god damn now.

I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but if you paid attention to the first line of this entry, that wouldn't be a concern.

I went with the 'rents to check it out this morning, and sweet Christ on a crutch, what an awesome movie. I wouldn't put it quite on the level of Batman Begins, but definitely my favorite comic movie of the year thus far, way above X3 and V For Vendetta. And I don't even LIKE Superman. I think he's boring on account of him being way too powerful with far too few weaknesses. Bryan Singer and company totally overcame this, though. Halloween party boy was really god damn great as SuperClark, and Spacey was the most entertaining I've seen him in ages, clearly having a blast with the Luthor role. The usage of the Brando dialogue was really well done, too. Weaved in perfectly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this movie. Just get out and see it, pronto. If you can, hit an IMAX and see the 3-D version. Absolutely mindblowing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really into the comic book/superhero movies, we've been over it many times. Good to hear you enjoyed the movie, though.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does Superman kinda seem like a dick there?

Thank you for keeping this spoiler-free, btw! This endorsement might be the nudge I needed to see this sooner rather than later.