Monday, October 29, 2007

Why Can't I Just Let Montreal Die?

I composed an E-mail to Mandy tonight about the latest episode of America's Next Top Model, a show that I watch but don't enjoy. It started out as a guilty pleasure, then became actively fun to watch with her as we became friends over the spring and summer. Now, it's a drag. Yet I continue to watch. Why? Hard to say. I don't think my friendship with Mandy is dependent on it or anything. I think about that sometimes though. I want to make sure that my relationship with Mandy isn't just an extension of my relationship with Chops. That's not cool. A shared love of Gilmore Girls will have to suffice.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And why wouldn't it, right?

After an abortive attempt last week, it looks like the KOV + 1 - 1 - Jonathan will finally be making it down to the Dayton hip hop night this week. Designated driver Davekwon ended up having to work last week, leaving myself and Andrew pondering (briefly) the wisdom of going somewhere an hour and change's drive away with the big draw being eighty ounce pitchers. Every once in a while, Andrew will make a joke about me driving somewhere. I have a feeling that he becomes slightly more serious with each passing mention. This would be an unfortunate way for us to both meet our makers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"TEN O'CLOCK AND TWO O'CLOCK! TEN O'CLOCK AND TWO O'CLOCK!"

I watched WWE's Cyber Sunday pay per view with Keith. It was a pretty good show, with Undertaker and Batista adding another really good match to what is becoming a surprisingly great in-ring rivalry. The only big problem I had with the show was when consecutive matches ended with inconclusive finishes. First, Kane defeated MVP by countout. In the very next match, Randy Orton low blowed Shawn Michaels to get himself disqualified in his WWE Championship defense. Now, maybe I'm wrong and WWE went to an all-shoot format in the last few weeks, but as far as I know, wrestling is still fixed. You'd think that if you were going to do two bullshit finishes on one show, you'd space them out a little bit. Just one man's opinion. If you really need to protect Kane from doing a job for MVP, by all means, have MVP get counted out. Just give it a little time to breathe before going there again. That's all I'm saying. I'm perfectly fine with screwjobs to build to a rematch or something productive. Don't get mad, screwjobs. I still love ya.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Right... okay, maybe not all screwjobs.

I'm as tired as ten year old references to the finish of a wrestling match. Peace outside, y'allz.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wrestling Analysis = Jenna Fischer catnip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The finish of MVP/Kane was kind of booked on the fly, I think. Unless that was going to be the finish no matter which monster he faced. I dunno, if that's the case, and they knew in advance they were doing that match instead of MVP/Hardy, and had the finished planned, they should have put it earlier in the show.

And you never responded to my comment on your last entry, but WHATEVER.

Funky D said...

Why can't you just let Montreal go? I want more discussion of this.

Two weeks ago, not one. Holler at me once you get ahold of Dave.

Andy said...

Yes, Balderdash is that game.

Funky D said...

Don't bring up the difficult questions if you don't want to talk about them, ROFL.

Unknown said...

Josh. Shut up. Never take a blog seriously unless he sez 4 SERIOUZ.

Funky D said...

So yes, I understand why that reference is in the title, but you do not discuss the reasoning behind why you are still stuck on the Montreal incident. You just explained why you used the title. MORE!