Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ballin' On a Budget

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm the best... AROUND, nothing's gonna ever keep me down!

For the second year running, I am the winner and champion of the Halloween Movie Marathon. Jason and Andrew made for sturdy competition, but never did I waver in my certainty that I was destined to repeat. Not once did it occur to me that anything less than my eventual success was possible. And at no time was the heaviness of my eyelids any match for the size of my courageous heart. In other words, NapDaddy for the win! I am especially proud of this particular victory, as the marathon has reached a full ten films for the first time in its history, spanning from 5pm Friday until roughly 9:45am this morning. It was sadly not a clean sweep as I came in second in Balderdash this year, but that is a minor quibble. Were I to achieve TOTAL VICTORY, what would there be to shoot for next year? That's right, folks. That ill hat-trick is comin' at ya in the '08! And then I only slept for about half an hour when I got home! Y'all musta forgot!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The true essence of... BALLLLLLLLLIN'!

I am wearing the fruit of my labor as I type this; a fabulously stylish Halloween tee shirt featuring no less than a knife! The Rumba Cafe's female population will surely be all up ons once they detect the presence of a man wearing a kitschy t-shirt. "He sure knows what he's all about," one will say to another. She will just smile wryly and nod as I do some nodding of my own, white boy style, to whatever Funky D's got cookin' on the 1s and 2s. The first, chatty ho will continue, persisting with her opinion that I'm "really together" and have my "own style." The second will nod again, with less of a smile and more of a "is this bitch still talking about the dude in the movie t-shirt?" teeth baring. The one doing the talking is completely insane and way too into my shirt, while the silent partner will have been unfairly prejudiced against me thanks entirely to the first chick's insistence on being a nut job. Maybe I should change before I leave.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No? Okay, cool. Thanks, conveniently placed sign. Anyway, I'm the King of Halloween, and I thought that was well worth mentioning.

Oh, I'm re-using a Jenna pic on Wednesday's entry, just to give you fair warning. I'm recycling, and I DON'T CARE.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
New Hotness today though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Balderdash that game where you make up definitions to words and have to pick the real one or something like that? Haven't played it in forever, but it was pretty cool, if I'm thinking of the right game.

Noteworthy word verification: "wapushbe"