Litter trashes everyone, our fight against rubbish has just begun/It's a long hard road but that's okay, we'll be picking up trash along the way. Break it down.

It looks like he's wearing a mask. Is he a supervillain in addition to being a litterbug?
I took a couple of days off from the wonderful world of blogging, so I apologize for that. I think it was a combination of Saturday morning's mega-post plus the reality of spending an entire day and night with my grandfather that sapped my will. The last time I went to visit him, the experience was so harrowing that I only managed to write about half of it. Thankfully, the rest has been largely blocked out of my memory. Love you, Pa!
On the sunny side, Andrew posted for the first time in nigh two fortnights over at his slice of the blogosphere, and it was, if I do say so myself, quite inspired. You can check it out at the following link. http://funkydaggers.blogspot.com/2007/10/fall-into-action.html I swear to God that there used to be an easy way to turn words into links. I've done it before on this very blog. Nice that the one thing Google changed when they took over is now making things more difficult. To paraphrase the great Cody McLaughlin, "Yeah, thanks for ruining my life Google."

“But Satan now is wiser than of yore, and tempts by making rich, not making poor.” - Alexander Pope
See that? I got poetical on your asses.
I watched some in-game footage of Left 4 Dead the other day, and I think that it may be way too scary for me to play. Maybe if I could always play as one of the necromancer dudes it would be okay.

No no, it's cool, zombies. Go about your business. I won't be bothering you.
I had a zombie dream last night, actually. I don't really remember all of the particulars anymore, but it involved me being a surgeon or something whose patients kept dying and turning into zombies before I could reattach their limbs. So I had amputee zombies chasing me around. So not cool. It was like if the dudes from Crippled Masters had been undead.
This can't possibly be real.
Darren Aronofsky to Direct The Wrestler
Source: Diva October 18, 2007
Last Friday, it was reported that screenwriter Robert Siegel's indie drama The Wrestler is in development at Darren Aronofsky's Protozoa Pictures, and now it appears that Aronofsky will direct as well.
The film centers on Randy "The Ram" Robinson, a 1980s-era star pro wrestler who has become
a burnt-out shell of his former self. After he has a heart attack during a small-time match, a doctor tells him he could die if he fights again.
In an effort to build a new life, Robinson takes a job at a deli, moves in with an aging stripper and tries to build a relationship with her son. But the prospect of a rematch with his old nemesis the Ayatollah proves too tempting to resist, even if it means risking his life.
The Wrestler is targeted for a January 7 start. Aronofsky is also attached to direct The Fighter with Mark Wahlberg and Brad Pitt, which will presumably start after "Wrestler" wraps.
I actually read something about Nic Cage being interested in starring in this... picture... a few weeks ago, but had mostly forgotten about it. Is Darren Aronofsky going to just switch to sports movies now? The Wrestler, The Fighter, The Judo Player, where does that end? Even though it doesn't seem to be a remake of the REAL The Wrestler, I think Aronofsky badly needs to watch that movie a few times before setting to work. It's easily the best movie ever made about the subject. It's not a very competitive field, I'll grant that... but it's head and shoulders above garbage like Ready to Rumble, Body Slam: The Wrestling Movie, and No Holds Barred.

Frank Bass is comin' for you, brother!
How I Met Your Mother is maintaining the awesome stride it hit last season. People should check it out. Try to catch it from the beginning though, as you'll miss lots of history and in jokes if you pick it up mid-series.

The horse race between Barney Stinson and Dwight Schrute for best comedic character on television gets tighter and tighter with each passing week.
I wrote a friend of mine a brief E-mail the other day, no more than four lines, just wondering where he was. He wrote me back a novel. That was the 14th. I still haven't read past the first few paragraphs. He's pretty wordy, so I just figured I'd get to it later. It now occurs to me that he may have been writing me a suicide note or giving me important, time sensitive information about buried treasure or something. I should probably read it.
REAL TIME THEATER with your host, Andy Napier
I'm sitting next to this dude who's making the most ungodly annoying sound with his mouth. I wish I were better in situations like this. I can't find a polite enough way to tell him that he's driving me fucking insane. Okay, I just told him. He stopped. He also keeps leaning back and "discreetly" looking at my monitor. This fuckin' guy. Oh my God, he's actually leaving. And making sure to loudly make the sound with his mouth again as he leaves. What a tool. A reasonably cute girl has replaced him. For the win!
This has been REAL TIME THEATER!
Three more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween. Three more days till Halloween, moooooovie.......... marathon!

I've used this picture before, but not in its proper context. Bring on Balderdash!
It's that time of year again, as David Patrick Williams presents his tenth annual Halloween Movie Marathon! I'm going to stay up ALL NIGHT LONG and then go to class at 9 am! Cuz I'm a hustler!

As long as I'm re-posting pictures, Keith mentioned this one last night. Wacky.
Anyballz, I've got a Tuesday to go live, so holler holler holler at y'all later.

There, it's some semblance of a normal dress. Are you monsters happy?

3 comments:
This monster finds himself well-pleased. That dress is lovely, AND, most importantly, does not feature any motherfucking SIZE OF MY HEAD bows all over the place.
Litter Bug is actually a superhero, he just comes from a place that is constantly plagued by demons that feed on cleanliness. I think this actually comes from a rejected Buffy script.
We'll have to have a talk about how visiting Pa went.
I am in apoplexy at your Google heresy.
What is Left 4 Dead coming out on?
And seeing as how there was only ever one wrestling movie starring Charles Nelson Reilly, I have little faith in the Aronofsky venture.
edit--since visual verification is being a dick, I should mention that I had forgotten John Astin was in Body Slam. FIE on you, cousin!
Re: the Buffy script, would that be the same season where she had to fend off the horde of Cabbage Patch Dolls that had eaten Chucky the Killer Doll's soul?
Left 4 Dead is a PC/X-Box 360 joint.
Body Slam cracks me up more than the other two awful movies I mentioned, but the balance of rock to wrestling isn't nearly satisfying enough.
Is the litterbug Canadian?
Post a Comment