Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nu Shooz, er, template

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You may have been following the drama in the comments sections, but if not, here's what happened: I changed the template. About a dozen times, actually. I was tired of having my pictures spill out of the field and either push the archives down the page or just get lost underneath the archives panel all together. So here we are, on SAND DOLLAR, where the archives are on the left, my yammerings are on the right, and the pictures are free to be themselves. Not crazy about the colors, but I've mostly adjusted by now. Adam suggested some manner of shrinking the pictures, but to be perfectly honest, I can't use that.

Other things I can't use today:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
311

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ann Coulter

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Karen from The Office

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And David Cross

Truth be told, I can very rarely use David Cross, can never use Ann Coulter, and barely know who 311 is aside from their butchering of a beloved Cure song. I don't know what my beef is with fictional character Karen Filipelli today. Rashida Jones is one foxy bitch, if I may borrow from the vernacular of Paul Thomas Anderson. And as Andrew and I have discussed, it sucks to be her what with having no ride back from Manhattan after the job interview. Still, I was just thinking about it, and she's really sticking in my craw today. Dumb wops.

You'd think this would be a good segue to our regularly scheduled feature, but I have more to talk about! LUCKY YOU!

Someone needs to play catch with me soon. Down in Glen Echo. It's been way too long, and I need it like a drug. I will provide you with a mitt if you are lacking one. Unless you're left handed. Then you're SOL because I only have one lefty and I kinda need it.

I'm supposedly going over to Old Renkes' crib this evening to help him bask in the glory of his new sound system while we watch something dreadfully violent. DJ OPS as well, if his gums aren't still in open revolt.

Why is there a new Return of the Living Dead collector's edition DVD coming out next month? Didn't I already buy this? Didn't we all watch it at Kendall's house? I distinctly remember this all occurring. I will probably purchase this, as I am a sheep. I'm pissed now.

Rey Mysterio and The Rock both get their first shots at the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame ballot this year. If I'm remembering right (and I may not be), the only first ballot Hall of Famers in the history of the award are Steve Austin, Manami Toyota, Kurt Angle, Akira Hokuto, Kenta Kobashi, and Jushin Liger. I think Rock and Rey both have a good shot at making it, but if Rock doesn't make it now, I don't think he ever will. He's pretty much accomplished everything in wrestling that he's going to at this point. I hope that his lack of longevity isn't held against him, as he managed to do something very significant in crossing over to the mainstream in a way that no wrestler ever has, even Hulk Hogan. Not to mention he's a top 5 draw of all time even with such a relatively short period spent in the business. As for Rey, to deny his influence on wrestling is ludicrous. He revolutionized high flying, became a draw and major star inside and outside of his culture, and was even made World Champion of WWE for a few months. Vince McMahon's WWE. Yes, that one. Oh, and he's also one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live, in my not so humble opinion. No brainer for Rey.

It's always nice when I can holler about wrestling for a paragraph or two. Makes me feel better.

Remember, younglings... TWELVE DAYS until The Office Season 3 lights the DVD charts on fire!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I can't paint a thousand pictures, but I can stare at this one all day long.

4 comments:

Funky D said...

Nice pic.

I'll play catch.

I am told that a showing of my DVD of Krush Groove is scheduled for 8 PM at Renkes' House O'Cinema. Sorry it's not violent, but I'm sure that the devastation of Sbarro's buffet is even more devastating in 100.1 surround sound.

Andy said...

Krush Groove works like a motherfucker.

Unknown said...

I love that I'm personally responsible for half of the "can't use" list.

Andy said...

I'll give you credit for 311, but I'm fairly often thinking about how much I hate Ann Coulter.