Saturday, July 14, 2007

Revisiting Tildebang

Last night was wacky. From a bar experience that covered the good/weird/bad gamut in 45 minutes flat, to my severe overestimation of my ability to quickly imbibe malt liquor, it ended with vomit for one, temporary tattoos for two, and headaches for most, I'm sure.

To start it off, though... I was incorrect about Tildebang. That, or they were just off back in March when I saw them previously. The set at Ruby's was really tight, Adam looked alternately joyous and nervous while completely rippin' it, and I'm sad that I'll never be able to see what might have been with this band.

I made the mistake of boasting that I could annihilate Edward 40-Hands in half an hour's time. I did this while sharing space with Nathan Renkes. He obliterated me. Not only that, Andrew beat me out. I had to settle for third (thanks, Chops). However, I wasn't passed out at the end of the night like the other three, so who's the real winner, huh? My time: 90 minutes. Renkes took care of biz in 40. I bow to his superior gullet.

I want to see License to Wed, solely because I have a man crush on John Krasinski. You know, the guy from The Office. Funny I should mention that show...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm shameless.

2 comments:

Funky D said...

Dopealope picture there sir. I am also concerned that the Jenna well (of pics) might dry up, but hopefully that's far off.

Anonymous said...

Steppin up the Jenna ante. I share Andrew's fear about the well.

Thanks for the compliment. :-) The source of my nervousness was for the first time ever on stage, I could actually hear myself. Maybe that had been the problem all along.