I learned something on Saturday. Something that I probably already knew on some level, but was made abundantly clear to me that night, hanging out at Annie's apartment. Here it is: don't buy DVDs when you're in a relationship, because you make spotty choices. Eight days shy of THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO I did a little blog write up related to my trip to the movie house to see
Win a Date With Tad Hamilton, starring my at the time man crush Topher Grace, not in the titular role. Anyway, I made that entry right about
http://napdaddy.blogspot.com/2004/01/where-christopher-robin-plays.html and at the time remarked that the film was "positively decent." FALSE. I bought it on DVD when it came out, WHILE IN A RELATIONSHIP, and watched it one more time in the past three years. After that, it was just a movie in the "W" section of my DVD library. Somehow, I thought it would be a good idea to drag this thing out on Saturday and subject my own flesh and blood to it. It was cringe-inducing in no less than FOUR places. My limit is two, and that's even pushing it. My cringe tolerance usually doesn't come into play until the end of Adam Sandler movies, and I'm so used to those moments that I can steel myself for them. In
Win a Date, they are early and often. Cannot use.
Have fun at Half Price Books, DVD.I can't get that
Don't Call Me Whitney, Bobby song by Islands out of my head. Andrew has the album, so I heard it a while back in his car. Then we watched the video on MTV2 at some point, and finally I heard it on Saturday night (after the
Tad Hamilton fiasco) during an episode of
How I Met Your Mother. While baked. And tired. So now in my head it's associated with being high and sleepy. Which coincidentally is the only combination of conditions during which I'm attracted to Sarah Silverman.
I have no joke prepared for this picture.Remember when I used to always write, "YOU'VE BEEN BLOGGED!" or something? Whatever.
STEP AWAY, KRASINSKI.
2 comments:
Well, I'd like to say that I was against the whole Tad Hamilton thing from the start, and that since I'm who I am, that should have meant something to you.
Also, Krasinski is looking pretty hot in that picture, she's probably having a hard time restraining herself...um, what? I mean, Jenna is still bangin, right? Right?!?
Whatever, quasi-gay poster. He can pine for her in fake life, but leave it to me and her wedded husband for realsies!
Post a Comment