I'm sittin' here at my computer, and Funky D is about a foot to my left, slumped over onto a table, arms crossed, and head resting atop them. He is sleeping. I am listening to De La Soul and Mos Def's remix of Stakes is High, and it's fantastic.
We went to Adriatico's for some dinner at about 9, and that was great, as we chatted and half-watched Celebrity Duets on the TV there. I thought Alfonso Riberio had gotten really fat, but it turns out that we were just watching on a widescreen TV while the show wasn't shot in that format, so he was all stretched out. It's kind of the opposite of my DVD of Friday. Everybody looks super skinny because it's in wack ass full-screen. So much hate. Uh oh. Dirt Off Your Shoulder just came on, and somewhere, Adam is freaking out and partying.
Anyway, we went to Carabar tonight to see the Lindsay's CD release show. They're sane so they chose to play second, and they were done by 1:30. Oh yes. It was a long night. Psychedelic Horseshit opened and they are very average. I love Rolo, but his band isn't super. Mors Ontologica played last, supposedly. We didn't see them. After the Lindsay ripped shit and Andrew politicked his way into a free CD, we dropped by Dick's Den for a carry-out 12 pack of Black Label, and returned to the crib for Teen Girl Squad and Youtube music videos. Now, he's unconscious as I type this. Suffice it to say that I'm also drunk, but not diabetic, thus not out cold. WOOOOOOOOOOO! TI just came on, so I'm gonna party and freak out, much like Adam. POICE!
EDIT: Before I forget, I want to mention that we watched the videos for both New Edition's Mr. Telephone Man AND Europe's Final Countdown. This is significant because many months ago Funky D and I watched an episode of We Are the '80s on VH1 Classic featuring both of these fantastic videos, and felt the need to recreate this. I believe we were actually drinking Black Label that time as well, so it's come full circle. Five star night, to be sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I was just at Dick's Den earlier that same night with my parents! What're the fucking odds??
Dammit, I missed the Stakes is High remix?!? Oh well, the tables have now turned! You're asleep and I'm listening to...nothing. Shit.
iambuqs: Wow, it must be a fall Saturday in Columbus. That's crazy.
I have internet again. Such is the way of the world.
We need to hang out soon.
Glandyman -
As usual I'm probably 3 months behind with the pop culture beat, but yesterday while watching the trailers for Jet Li's Fearless, we saw the preview for John Cena's The Marine. I um... had no idea. I think there was a spot where he did the five-knuckle shuffle on a guy, and it looked like an over-the-top testosterone and fireball fest that would make Vince proud. That said, the one thing that really stuck out like a sore thumb was the gas station featured in the previews... 1.76 a gallon? Now *that's* stretching things
[kehnsuguri]
It must take place on November 6th.
It's always a safe bet that at any given time Adam is freaking out and partying.
... and talking about himself in third person.
... or something.
Post a Comment