
This is Kayako. And she's motherfucking coming for you!
Next Friday, October 13th, the greatest cinematic event of the year takes place as The Grudge 2 opens in a theater near you. For those who may not remember, The Grudge, or Grudge-Gu as it's become affectionately known in some circles, is a 2004 horror film about a cursed house. It was based on a much more confusing Japanese movie called Ju-On: The Curse. Davekwon and I watched the original, and indeed, we were not floored. The Grudge is however, near the top of both of our respective favorite horror movies lists. Just below Dawn of the Dead for me, just below Halloween for young David. This is lofty company to be in, I assure you.

An artist's rendering of a scene from The Grudge. The actual photograph would be far too terrifying to display here.
So basically... ante up, cool kids. Who's in?

5 comments:
Mayhaps.
Yeah, that's a non-commital dipshit answer. I WANT PASSION.
Rumblings from A-girl suggest that we'll want to see it in the theater eventually. (Preferably, after re-watching its predecessor)
While I expect non-commital dipshitty answers from you, this is not the time! I will harass all three of you about this on the way to Cleveland, and possibly on the way back from Cleveland if we all survive the carnage.
This seems like the perfect time and place to drop this exclusive first. Back in April aught-6, Franz posted the following review:
"Last night was my first night out at the movies in a while. And man, did Andy pick a winner. Stay Alive is a movie that, as he put it, clearly established the rules at the beginning, then consistently broke them. Elizabeth Bathory is back from the dead, and murdering teens through the power of videogames, because that's exactly the kind of thing she'd do. And she was apparently from New Orleans (never forget) where the movie takes place, despite the fact that they actually refer to her as Countess Elizabeth Bathory. How does the Article 1, section 9 of the U.S. Constitution weigh in on the issue? No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States... Although I'm pretty sure I'll have to side with the Republicans on this one and say the Constitution's wrong. People start getting killed even though they haven't died in the game. At the end the game's in every store, indicating the fact that it kills you went over fine in beta-testing. And Adam Goldberg is really intense all the time. Seven thumbs up."
I vowed to rebunk these observations once I'd seen the movie, and last night I finally saw it.
My response will be forthcoming in blog format.
~"edbauva": Ed Bauva
Post a Comment