Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Solemn Vow

I became aware of the results of the Smackdown! tapings from last night and to say I am feeling trepidation about watching the show on Friday is an understatement. Chavo Guerrero Jr. is now feuding with Rey Mysterio Jr. This is fine. I think it's sort of a waste to turn Chavo heel since he's the last remaining Guerrero and probably could have gotten over huge if pushed correctly, but whatever, it's just a wrestling angle. However, they decided to bring Vickie Guerrero (Eddy's widow, for those not aware) into the proceedings and piss away all my good will.

I will not watch Smackdown! this week just because dragging this poor woman out onto TV to participate in a fake wrestling storyline is in very poor taste. Further, and this is the big one, if she turns heel on Rey Mysterio at any point, I'm through with WWE for at least the rest of this year. I love professional wrestling. I enjoy the WWE product, by and large. So this would indeed be a personal sacrifice of IMMEASURABLE DEPTH.

Oh well, I've still got TNA.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Aw Christ. I'm boned.

3 comments:

Funky D said...

And here I thought this was going to be about Booker losing the title to the ghost of the Junkyard Dog at a house show in Minnetonka. Oh wait, that's how I would be done with wrestling, which is not a sacrifice of immeasurable depth.

Anonymous said...

Hm... without knowing anything about the smackdown spoilers other than what I've just read... although the Vicki thing is pretty tasteless, it's not like that's out of the norm for WWE. And I'm sure that any appearance Eddy's widow would make is consensual on her part - it's not like they're dragging her ringside to do the angle.

lee - thanks for the previous offer... actually I was gonna see what you were doing for transportation, but... while I'm not sure if I'm leaving wed or thurs. night I'm most definitely leaving Sunday night, which I assume doesn't work for you.

but what I really wrote in to say was this:

I'd heard from one of you guys I think that Crispin Glover would be the Joker in the next Batman movie... however, I just found out that apparently it's Heath Ledger instead. FAILURE! (nothing against Heath, but Crispin woulda been seven different kinds of awesome)

lastly, what the hell kinda verification word is ijezwmac?

[kehnmissioner gordon]

Anonymous said...

i just can't get over the fact that you're actually training to womp on some guy -- omg, my cats are totally duking it out for free on the living room floor right now! quick! somebody play that music they play when Spock fights that other dude for mating rights to that bitchy Vulcan chick!
anyway, wow to the whole arranged ass-beating thing. good luck with that.