Friday, July 28, 2006

Eyes on the Prize

This was a fairly nothing week, as I stuck to my diet (I've cut out carbs completely), had a boxing session (it's coming together a little bit), and wrote about twenty pages of a new screenplay. My brain doesn't function very well without sugar, I've learned, so by the time September 22nd rolls around, I may just be a grunting, 183 pound caveman. That could actually work greatly to my advantage, though.

Let's hit some upcoming events. Next Friday is WAR/Average White Band at the fairgrounds, the Friday following that, August 11th, is Adunct of the Dead night, and Saturday the 26th is UFC 62 at Out-R-Inn with Chuck Liddell defending his Light Heavyweight Championship against Babalu, and a rematch of the first Ultimate Fighter finals, with Forrest Griffin versus Stephan Bonnar. Those are my big plans for August.

That's all I got for today. Just felt like I needed to keep the blog chugging along.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will achieve victory by imagining that Joe MMA is a sugar-filled pinata.

Anonymous said...

and by the same token, I will be in Indianpolis with Lee duetting on power ballads and otherwise being sober, so no Adjunct for me. :(

So when I see you will I recognize you or is your physical transformation on par with pre-Subway Jaret?

[kehn con 2006]

Andy said...

Jesus Christ on a crutch, am I that fat?

Anonymous said...

yeah, but only with a "ph"

[clay aikehn]

Andy said...

Are you motherfuckers using my blog to make travel arrangements? Fuck that noise!

Sorry. I need sugar.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's not the roids?
And how the hell do you expect to win at Ultimate Fighting without a cross tattooed on your bicep?
Seriously though, good luck. And I'm glad you're sticking to your regimen wherever this goes.