V For Vendetta was up next, and a week after seeing a movie where Countess Elizabeth Bathory was the main event heel, we get a film where Guy Fawkes is the top babyface. I thought about this for way too long. I also paid too much attention to people far away from us laughing and clapping randomly throughout the movie. I'm going to have to see this again while not drunk, for sure.
Now we come to the purpose of the post. About halfway through V, Ashley asked "Are we ever going to watch a late movie again?" We hadn't discussed it, but I had no reason to object. I did not want to sit in that theater for another hour and a half, period. Why? We're 23 years old, in the prime of our life. And we can't sit there and watch a classic Linklater film? Old, sad, lame, jerks we are. So pathetic.
I don't know what can be done about it, but from April 21-27, Oldboy, one of my favorite movies of the decade, is the late movie at 35, and I don't care what I have to do; I'm going to stay and watch it. Who wants to support me on this?

Hey, Oh Dae-su, can you believe those pussies walked out on Ben Affleck with a paddle? What a couple of bitches.

8 comments:
Hardly us, it's the drink.
We ought to be stronger than the drink! Fuckin' IPA.
I'm with you on Old Boy, Andy. Even if no one called me last night to alert me to this viewing. Even then.
Best that we didn't infect you with our lameness.
Yes, we did you a favor. First the speaker, than the beer. It was a trial.
Cripes. That's what you got out of Vendetta? You definitely need to watch it sober.
V reminded me a little of the Burger King, too. I forgot to mention that. There Ketih, are you happy?
Decidedly not.
Post a Comment