I'm really bored. I watched the UFC ppv last night as a substitute for the money I would have spent on TNA. It was really good. Two guys got stretchered out and one might lose his left eye. I hope the sport doesn't have athletic commissions coming down on them just when they're getting so much momentum from the reality show and the live specials on Spike. That's what killed them in the early '90s. Their ppvs were at times drawing similar numbers as WWF and WCW shows (without TV promotion, even), but Washington attacked it as a "blood sport" and more or less killed its development for years. Damn Tipper Gore.
Anyway, as I noted, I'm bored.
Davekwon and I went movie crazy earlier, starting with "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" at Carriage Place, and then hitting a trifecta of terror with "Friday the 13th Part 3", "Slumber Party Massacre", and "Darkness-Gu". Despite repeated warnings from the nation's top critics, we watched Anna Paquin's latest opus, and to be quite frank, it completely killed what had, up to that point been a great night of slasherdom. 'Bad' doesn't adequately describe this film, as "Boogeyman-Gu" and "Hide and Seek" pale in comparison to the sheer arm gnawing boredom that "Darkness" induces.
"Slumber Party Massacre" was, to say the least, a pleasant surprise. Along with giving Dave a new professional pseudonym (Russ Thorn!) and both of us a new favorite means of cutting off someone's head (power drill!), this movie also had lots of young, nubile girls running around topless in the early going. Million billion stars.
"Friday the 13th Part 3" was something of a revelation for me. This is the movie that was intended to be shown in glorious 3-D, of course, and there are countless meaningless shots that are obviously geared towards just that. Which leads me to my new quest; getting that movie played on the big screen at Studio 35. Not the DVD release obviously, but an original 3-D ready print, to frighten and amaze a new generation of moviegoers. Or... me, Dave, and Ashley.
That'll do it for now. Keep your eyes peeled, though. You never know when I might drop in. YOU'VE BEEN BLOGGED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
holy crap i watched wrestling today. i think i saw all but 2 of the matches while lady and i went for caffeine.
weeeeird.
Yeah, I was watching that too. Danielle called me at the very beginning of the show and didn't seem deterred by my having people over.
yeah i was there when she called you. i was the one screaming THROW RORY IN THE RING.
obviously.
I didn't hear that. I'll take Rory to the mat, though.
Post a Comment