Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Liberal Media, the Knight Rider himself, and What's Beef?

How does one come to the conclusion that "the media" (i.e. network television) carries a leftist slant?

In fifteen minutes of CBS' evening news, I was treated to a bio piece on Sean Hannity and an editorial (without disclaimer) by Ben Stein. I watched Fox News yesterday, don't even get me started on that...

Really, the more network news that I watch, the less liberal anything I hear. The closest network programming comes to leftism is Nightline, which is dead center on the ideological scale.

At this point, I just can't decide which is worse; the term "liberal media bias" or the fact that so many people buy into it.

Okay, that's my sociopolitical rant for the week.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

What do Michelle Pheiffer, Beverly D'Angelo and Scott Thompson have in common? The winner gets a prize! ("They all like men" is NOT the correct answer)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cam'ron/Eminem beef is the greatest thing ever. Cam'ron gave an interview (to Kayslay, no less), and apparently, Cam thinks that D12 took some shots at him in some video that was only available on the bonus DVD of their new album. Best line ever: "See I had no problem with the bitch till he released this video. It was all gravy until then. Things done changed and he know it." Good to see that Cam'ron is doing what he can to stay relevant. Hopefully this will reach the asinine posturing levels of 50 Cent/Ja Rule from last year.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not exactly sure how this managed to fly beneath my radar for two weeks, but HO-LEE SHIT...

"NEWS
Knight Rider turns into Hassel the Hoff
Nadia Samie
Posted Thu, 20 May 2004

Ex-Baywatch lifeguard David Hasselhoff's career has taken a slight turn from acting — to rapping. More startling is that his hip-hop name will be… Hassel the Hoff.

Hasselhoff (51) is the latest recruit of legendary rapper Ice-T, who is the actor's neighbour in Los Angeles. The two have reportedly racked up quite a close friendship.

Hasselhoff had in the past dipped into the music industry and earned a number 35 hit in the UK in 1993 with 'If I Could Only Say Goodbye' in 1993.

According to Sky News, Ice-T said of his new friend and protégé: "The man is a legend, we are going to show a whole new side of him.

"He's gonna come out as Hassle the Hoff. The Hoff will surprise people with his rap skills and humour."

Ice-T, whose real name is Tracey Morrow, is apparently dead set on turning Hasselhoff into a hip-hop star. "

... WOW. Words cannot properly convey my reaction to that when I first read it. I think that's a good note to leave you all on. Nothing really going on in MY life, but as you can see, the world keeps turning. And thank God I live in a time where I have the freedom to illegaly obtain Hassle the Hoff tracks. Peace.

No comments: