Monday, May 31, 2004

Dial Up is Bullshit

Greetings from ol' Pap Napier's lap top (brought to you by Kraft Foods North America: a subsidiary of Phillip Morris. Phillip Morris would like you to remember one thing on this Memorial Day weekend: No Proven Link) at a blazing speed of 56 kbps!

So... yeah. Long time no blog. Nice to see things fall into disarray on the ol' comment board, though. Anyhow, my PC seems to have caught the AIDS or something, so that's the reason for the lack of updates and presence. I haven't seen many of you in a while (those that I ever see in the first place, that is), so we'll have to change that soon. As for Cody, you can go on being a fake friend with an aversion to telephones. Sucka.

And what, praytell have I been doing with my discretionary time? Why, only rocking like I've never rocked before. Except for that Dirtbombs show. I still contend that I'm unlikely to ever again be so thoroughly destroyed by a band.

This was a dandy of a week, with two trips to the hippest place on earth, the Newport. NO RE-ADMITTANCE! Monday night, despite the upper midcard threatening to kill music for me forever, The Stills saved the day with their melodic pop sensibilities. Friday night was a bigger thrill, as I'm sure Andrew will post about in detail, as we saw VHS or Beta? and The Von Bondies. Both bands were quite ruly, and I was compelled to drop phat loots on CDs in celebration of said rulyness.

Let's see... anything else? Answer: no. Because I don't count watching "Uptown Girls" with Ashley at 2 am the other night as something that really happened.

Oh, I did see the Hoodoo Soul Band for the first time tonight. I was very impressed. Oldfields can be ridiculously crowded at times, but it's not a bad band bar at all, and these guys are obviously well liked by the regulars, as they had the place rockin'. I might have to make that a monthly stop, as long as they have some variety in their playlist.

This update was primarily to start the comments over before they reached critical mass and all that, so in the next couple of days I should have something up that's a little more structured. Peace.

No comments: