Wednesday, April 14, 2004

No inappropriate jokes here, folks...

So, "Weird" Al's parents are dead. Both of 'em. Carbon monoxide poisoning. How messed up is that? Of all the people in the entire world who never deserve to have anything bad happen to them, Al Yankovic is way up there. They seemed like really sweet old people any time they were interviewed, too. It's just too bad.

Onto happier things. Like Raw. I remember really liking the show, but it's a day and change later, so I'll just try to remember.

If you're going to start RAW off with a long promo, there's nobody better to do it than Foley. He blew the "Passion" line this week, and I'm surprised he mentioned it at all because he's not usually one to run things into the ground.

Screw Grandmaster Sexay's comeback. It's all about the return of the mysterious SHINOBI. I especially dug the karate face off thinkg he and Tajiri did. I knew it was Al Snow under the mask, but I kept hoping that it was Pat Tanaka or Savio Vega.

The eight man tag was loads of fun. Keith said that it was the greatest eight man tag ever, and I agreed with him last night. But upon reflection, it was a good match carried by a really hot crowd. It wasn't anywhere near the Rock and Sock, Rikishi and Too Cool versus Triple H, X-Pac, Malenko, Benoit, and Saturn 10 man from Dallas in February of 2000. (Yeah, I remember shit like that). I wish I had that match on tape. I'd like to watch it again.

The backstage segment explaining why La Resistance are now from Quebec really felt like one of those stupid Russo segments where guys would explain why they changed gimmicks. Just change the gimmick, no need to give me a backstory as to why the pedophile with a talking horse is now working as a cowboy with priapism.

But I digress...

Barry Bonds hit his 660th homerun yesterday, tying him for 3rd place all-time with his godfather, Willie Mays. Willie wasn't a roided primadona, but hey... you take what you can get, I guess.

No comments: