Thursday, June 09, 2011

Short Takes

I've been in Mason since Sunday, staying with Jenny, and while it's been fun, it doesn't really lend itself to big blog entry fodder. But there are a couple of things worth mentioning that I've been getting into.

E3! I love E3. And this year did not disappoint. Wii U looks pretty awesome, Playstation Vita specs are pretty mindblowing, new Assassin's Creed game looks like every other Assassin's Creed game but I will buy it because I love the series. Let's see, what else? Microsoft isn't going next-gen until 2013, and Sony even longer, giving Nintendo a big leg up. With actual third-party support this time in addition to Link and Mario, it looks pretty promising for them.

Tough Enough finale sucked, RAW sucked. Moving on.

I watched Morning Glory, starring Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, and Diane Keaton. LOVVVVVED IT.

Heading out to see Woody Allen's newest, Midnight in Paris, tomorrow. I haven't seen one of his movies since Small Time Crooks eleven years ago, and I'm really looking forward to this one.

UFC 131 is Saturday, and for the record, I'm predicting that Junior dos Santos will be too elusive for Shane Carwin to hit the big shot he needs to put it away, and once Carwin tires, JDS will tag him at will with big shots and TKO him in the second round.

That's all from Mason, see you in Columbus!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We'll probably be in town around the end of August, and we'd better get to meet Jenny then!

Also, when I read your opening "it doesn't really lend itself to blog entry fodder" I thought, yeah, it's not *that kind* of blog, wink wink.

Also, I hate Brock Lesnar (reading Shane Carwin's name made me think again about how much I hate him).

Andy said...

Won't you ever forgive him? He defeated death and turned babyface.