Monday, January 24, 2011

Short Takes at the buzzer

I Am Number Four looks way awful. As I get older, leading men in movies seem to get younger and my patience for them grows thinner. I'm completely aware that a lot of it is jealousy of younger, better looking guys making a lot of money, but I strongly feel that these movies would suck regardless of who's in there as the top star.

How many times do I have to watch John Morrison wrestle Sheamus on RAW? I swear I've seen this match in some combination about eight times in the past three months. I like both guys very much, just get them some new dance partners.

I watched the BBC's Emma miniseries from 2009 this past weekend, and it's very strange to watch the source material for Clueless years after having actually seen Clueless. I spent the entire 3 hours and 50 minutes piecing together who was who between the two films. I liked Emma better than Cher, but Paul Rodd's Josh kills Jonny Lee Miller's Mr. Knightley. Dating a Jane Austen devotee certainly has its perks and drawbacks.

That's all for tonight, back with more soon!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! I actually clicked this bookmark by accident, but now I'm glad I did. What a happy and timely error.

Welcome back!

Andy said...

Destiny! I'm not going to advertise the return of the blog directly, and two people have already wandered back to it!

Unknown said...

"Shit just got real" is probably my favorite line from Emma.