I can always tell when my medication is working really well. Beyond the whole not passing out thing, the best indication is whether or not my dreams are really vivid. And last night? Boy howdy.
I went out to the back porch, and there was a lion in the yard. I made some scary noises at it but it didn't budge. Back into the house I went, carefully locking the door behind me. I went to find my dad and tell him about the whole lion thing, but I happened to look out a window and now there was no lion, but a Bengal tiger, a bear, and some kind of weird otter looking creature, but giant. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed 9-1-1. I was told that I had dialed the physical therapy hot line. I hung up and went to find my dad again. This time I located him, trying on suits in his suit closet. I told him about the zoo out back and that I was going to call the cops. He seemed fine with this, so I did. I was put on hold by 9-1-1 like something out of a comedy sketch or an N.W.A. music video. I tried to explain my emergency to the first human voice I heard on the other line, and was quickly put on hold again. So I hung up. The wild animal part of the dream somehow resolved itself and I was back in high school, on a class trip to India.
CAHS in 2009 in my dream was much different than CAHS when I actually went there. For one thing, we took a class trip to India. For another, Lucas and Keith were there. No sight seeing for me as I was quickly nabbed at our hotel by an American federal agent. I'm not entirely sure why he wanted to arrest me, but it seemed to have something to do with my 9-1-1 call. I was put on a sort of informal trial where my sister's journal entries were read aloud in order to call my character into question. I tried to explain that I really had seen a lion, but nobody cared. That night, a strange man told us that he had a safe place for us all to go, away from my captors. So we went with him on a rickety bus, to some kind of mining facility. You see, he WORKED us, and now we were slave laborers. It gets kind of fuzzy here, but Lucas kind of disappeared while Keith and I worked out an escape plan that involved baseball tickets. The guards didn't buy it, so Keith just shoved me out the front door of the building into a giant parking lot where we both fled the evil Indian slavers. Sadly, they caught up to us with guns and we gave ourselves up.
Then... absolutely no idea, because the next thing I remember I was in CAHS's auditorium, talking to Lucas about our failed escape attempt and the stupid lion that got me into this mess in the first place. Lucas was concerned that I may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, so I shouted at him, clearly exhibiting no such behavior. Then there was some kind of weird aside about Andrew Patton arriving at the school and all the girls swooning. I made a joke about how he and I were a gay couple and everyone was perfectly willing to buy it. :(
I never got any resolution about the menagerie in my backyard, or why my government cared so much about it, but I did learn one important thing: never base an escape plan around baseball tickets. Especially in India.
Also, never call 9-1-1. It is a joke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wv - man, when I read the 'Vivid Video' title for this blog post, my "polso" started racing with thoughts of girl-on-girl action. Thanks for nothing, Andy!
[kehnagerie]
The most unrealistic part of that dream was that I'd plan to do anything with baseball tickets.
Post a Comment