Saturday, September 05, 2009

DVD of the Year

I didn't sample any bourbon Friday night, but I got my own taste of Kentucky with the newest entry in Kayfabe Commentaries' Guest Booker series.

Photobucket

The concept for Guest Booker is sound, in that current or former pro wrestling bookers take a look at another company or territory and discuss what they would have done differently in a certain time period. The problem is that most of the past subjects have been concerned mostly with coming up with matches as opposed to actually explaining the rationale behind the decisions being made. With the WCW Invasion angle probably being the most famous example of a wasted license to print money, the topic is rife for analysis, and Jim Cornette is more than up to the task. I'm not one hundred percent that all of his ideas would have been for the best, but when the program ended, I knew that I would have liked to see it play out his way a heck of a lot more than what actually happened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got too much honor. Break my fingers.

"screstre" -- a spectre's weak-ass sister