Sunday, June 07, 2009

This is Hardcore (Is It Not?)

Head over to my place tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock for WWE pay per view action. It seems like just three weeks ago I was putting up something very similar. Oh, it actually WAS just three weeks ago? Christ, WWE, you're killing me.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship

Good final angle on RAW with Orton punting Flair actually made me want to see this one.

John Cena vs. The Big Show Submission match

WHY?

Edge (c) vs. Jeff Hardy Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship

There is no way on earth that this will be anything less than very good. It's Edge and Jeff Hardy with a ladder involved. That's like 1+1 or something.

Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Chris Jericho No Holds Barred match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Last month's match was awesome, and I'm curious to see what they do to change things up.

CM Punk vs. Umaga Samoan Strap match

Take two guys who can have a good match, as they did last month, and handicap them by tethering them to one another. Great idea.

Vickie Guerrero vs. Santina Marella Hog Pen match for the title of "Miss WrestleMania"

Moving right along...

Christian (c) vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger
Triple Threat Hardcore match for the ECW Championship

This ought to be good, but I think Dreamer's presence will actually bring it down a notch. I kind of hope he wins the title though.


Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. William Regal vs. Matt Hardy[20] Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE United States Championship

I actually forgot this match was happening, though it really should be pretty good.

All in all, this is largely a retread of Backlash, but hey, that was a great show. I can handle one more night slightly tweaked rematches.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Lucas said...

This is on-topic:
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/wwe-entrance-theme.php?page=1

My word verification is "wackinan".

Andy said...

Woof?

lucas said...

Hey Andy:
More relevant links. This is a spoiler but I think that while you watch the PPV tonight, you should pretend to be a member of the audience here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OthWXdqnP6E

"This is bool-shit, y'all. C'mon."

Unknown said...

DREAMER WINS! E-C-DUB! I was upset that Justin Credible didn't come in an immediately challenge him, with Dreamer not learning his lesson and dropping the strap again.

Andy said...

...thank you, Paul.

Poobis said...

Know what else is hardcore?

Broin' Down XXV annBROversary II The BROgenitors.

That's what.

Amanda said...

I'm very sad that I can't be there tonight. I'm interested in the Orton, Edge, Vicki, and Rey matches in particular.

I'm staying home, though, to do "homework" and prepare for my job interview Wednesday morning. Is there any chance that buying this lets you keep a copy of it on your DVR? Do you even have a DVR?

Andy said...

I'll send a DVD home with Lucas tomorrow.

Amanda said...

Yes! We'll get him to broker the trade of Galaxy Quest for that!

Andy said...

Was that $9.99?

Amanda said...

Ladders and bodies are broken!!!

Andy said...

Ladders AND bodies? Come on, that just sounds made up.