Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Overheard Whilst Trying to Sleep

Sometimes late at night, when there's no traffic outside, I can hear conversations as people walk past my house. But it's always really weird because it's never in context, and I only get a snippet. Here's a recent example:

"My mom almost shot me one time. We were living in a trailer park then, and my dad-"

I really wanted to hear the rest of that story, but he was gone, out of my earshot.

I had one of those days today where I didn't actually open my mouth to speak one time. I'll have one of those every now and then, but I never seem to notice until it's very late. It's a weird kind of feeling.

I'll put those pictures you found up soon, Lucas. I was particularly glad to see the Orton one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that I've never had a day like that. Even when I've had really bad fevers, I either gibber in my sleep, or I just talk crazy talk to myself.

Anonymous said...

ZACK ATTACK

keith said...

Days like that PWN.

"ruirre" - the sound the bass makes in "The Humpty Dance"

Unknown said...

Oh, you urban hermits, you.

"pyreha" -- that's what ya get!