Friday, December 05, 2008

The Case Is Closed, I Don't Negotiate With Love

It's too bad TB is so much less rampant these days, because it used to inspire awesome music.

So, MLB Power Pros 2008. I'm not even sure how to describe it. I guess if I had to boil it down to a few words, those would be "wacky life simulator that happens to be rooted in the world of professional baseball." It has three different career modes, one where you take on the role of a real major leaguer and play out the remainder of his years in the league. Pretty fun, but I've only messed around with about half a season of it. The second is where you create your own rookie and build him up to a hopeful hall of fame career. And then, the final, and most frustrating option... SUCCESS MODE. It's driving me insane because I always get fired before making it out of AA ball, but the storyline is so wacky and awesome that it continually brings me back for another kick at the can. Some day I WILL defeat the evil Jonathan and win the love of Lucy!

Also, it looks like this.

Photobucket
"Oh, you know I am."

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Tuberculosis used to inspire awesome music?

Funky D said...

No, I think he meant Tampa Bay. Or a terrabyte?

This game does look pretty awesome, if I was into wacky life simulators, or something with more "bits" than 8. Hmmm, maybe the snow should inspire me to finally hook up the NES.......

"nogeog": Good holiday code. Maybe some nice nog made with the contents of Latvia, Madagascar, and Qatar?

Anonymous said...

I think Bryan Alvarez has played old songs on his radio shows that were about the woes of TB. I could be way off, though.

Amanda said...

From what I remember from the movie Amadeus, ol' Mozart kicked it into high gear once he got the old consumption. Maybe *that's* what Andy means.

"trafflu" seems very topical with these last few posts.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but the movie Amadeus is fictionalized in a lot of places. Is the TB accurate?

"Vicalish" -- this is what you take to get over "trafflu"

Amanda said...

Wow, so that means that episode of Jem and the Holograms, where they're "Rockin' Down Through Time" with Mozart was a silly fictionalization of a fictionalization? I think that's my sister's only source of information on Mozart (she didn't even see Amadeus). I'd better let her know.

I'm not even going to comment on "ingishri" because it sounds like part of a racist impersonation.

Andy said...

Or Riki Choshu's army that invaded All Japan in the mid '80s.

Poobis said...

I hear TB is making a comeback.

Andy said...

Thank Christ.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Andy. Is Frankie Kazarian playing Suicide in TNA?

Andy said...

I think so. I know that they stopped playing the teasers for a while after he got injured, so that suggests to me that it's him and they were waiting for him to get healthy again.