Friday, October 31, 2008

Wrestling Night Fallout and MORE

I just slept for thirteen hours. It was grand. And also, unlike most of the time when I sleep for thirteen hours, I'm not waking up in mid-afternoon.

Keith drove a carload (Lucas, Amanda and myself) of folks over to Chez Davekwon Tuesday night, and thus he was given the privilege and honor of selecting the wrestling fare for the evening. His choice?

Photobucket

I can't even remember the last time I'd seen this show (perhaps not since watching it live with Lee and Franz nearly ten years ago) with its one night tournament format, but it held up fairly well. There wasn't really any good wrestling on it to speak of, but as it was right in the thick of the Russo era I was hardly expecting that. It was actually a lot of pretty good booking, including about thirty appearances by new cult hero, The Big Boss Man, who wants nothing more than for you to shut up and listen to him.

Photobucket
"I HAVE FEELINGS TOO!"

In particular, the stuff stretching from the semi-finals with the Steve Austin/Mankind match featuring referee Shane McMahon's one-two-double bird pinfall count, all the way to the recreation of the previous year's Montreal finish, is fairly inspired. The downside? Vince Russo hasn't really had a good idea since and is still working at a high level in the business based on storylines he contributed to in the late '90s.

Photobucket
Fun for the whole family

Also, watching a VHS cassette on an HDTV was just weird.

I promised more. Hm...

Photobucket

Oh, sorry. That probably counts as Wrestling Night Fallout as well.

OH! I know!

Photobucket

BLAM!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Kind of funny you watched that show, since I just finished Have a Nice Day, where the last things he talks about are Survivor Series, his whole babyface turn, and his title win on RAW. Where can I find old 90's WWF ppv's?!

Andy said...

Try places like Half Price Books, or used video game stores. A lot of them still buy and sell VHS tapes.

Unknown said...

Good bloggin's lately.