Wednesday, July 16, 2008

George Romero Should Retire

Diary of the Dead. What to say? I liked it less than I liked The Ferryman, for starters.

Photobucket

Though Andrew will surely disagree, this is not exactly high praise. I think that Diary of the Dead was probably technically a better movie than The Ferryman, but of the two films I watched last night, one was completely up its own ass with messages and the other was not. I leave it to those with any familiarity with George A. Romero to decide which is which.

THUMBS DOWN.

The Ferryman was at least goofy enough to largely entertain me throughout it's nearly two-hour running time. For a movie starring John Rhys Davies, you really don't get a whole lot of John Rhys Davies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, let's hope [REC] isn't a huge let-down, then.

"tlcrr" -- Too long, couldn't read report

Anonymous said...

"Up its own ass" eloquently sums up what bothered me about Diary o' Dead but couldn't articulate. I still thoroughly enjoyed the running bit of how they explain the editing/publishing process as they went along, especially when it involved the contrivances of security cams.

Andy said...

I'm nothing if not eloquent.