Wednesday, April 23, 2008

INFORMATION TO KNOW AND LEARN

I'm coming to you LIVE, just shy of 9 am. I'm between doctor's appointments right now, because I double booked myself. When I woke up this morning, all I could think is what a horrible idea that had been, but now, being halfway done with the ordeal, it's not looking too bad. I'm tapering off one medication and starting on another, so hopefully that yields better results.

I have trouble getting to sleep at night because of the dizziness and whatnot. I can't make my head be quiet long enough to actually doze off, so I find myself just laying there in bed for hours, usually while listening to a television show. I started watching/listening to Sports Night a couple of days ago, a show I've seen many times all the way through. A show where I know every joke, every storyline twist, and every maudlin "Full House band" moment well enough to cringe in preparation for it. So why Sports Night instead of a show I've seen less, or better yet, not at all? I chalk it up to reliability. I know exactly what I'm going to get out of Sports Night. That goes for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Office, Angel, and Farscape as well. I will never get tired of watching these shows, particularly while I'm sick. It's nice to have things you can count on when so much about life is up in the air.

-I saw Lee at the Iuka bus stop just a few minutes ago, waiting for his carriage to school. Atta boy.

-Andrew and I are going down to Cincinnati for Jason's birthday on Friday.

-College Hoops 2K5 is fun, but I need an upgrade, perhaps to last year's game so I can rewrite history with Greg Oden and Mike Conley.

-Dave went to see Michael Buble last week. Think about that.

-People should come watch WWE Backlash at my house next Tuesday. Big Show is going to fight Great Khali. In front of a crowd. It's going to rule.

-Does anyone want to watch a Japanese horror movie with me? It's called Shutter, and it was recently remade with that other guy from Dawson's Creek. This is the original though, and Dave swears by it. And yes, I trust Dave's opinion on this, despite the fact that he went to see Michael Buble.

-Jenna is hot.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Shutter yet because I only want to watch it with you. There are so many movies like that.

Unknown said...

Jenna and Angela are hot. ;)

I'm down for "Shutter," but Lauren won't be. She can scarcely handle the commercials for the American one with Paisey. Was that his name? Pacey? Sleeps-With-Teacher-and-Walks-With-No-Balls?

Smackdown, too, especially since Tuesday is Lauren's day to get together with her friend Christina, which they missed last night because they were both terribly sick.

Jabkio me about it, though, or I'll probably forget.

"jabkio" -- to pointedly joke with and verbally "jab" a friend about an upcoming social engagement

Anonymous said...

Call me to remind me about the wrestling next week and barring some unforseen test or something I'll come by, probably with lady in tow.

Andy said...

Yay responses!

Anonymous said...

BaH!

I tow *you*!

Vroom, vroom!