Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blog 20, January 11 - Not as One Sided as Rocktober '04

How has a person not seen Dawn of the Dead? And I don't mean Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames landing on zombie island and getting chomped bullshit ending Dawn of the Dead. I mean motherfucking Ken Foree killing ghouls with a Derringer REAL Dawn of the Dead. I realize that this isn't exactly everyone's Citizen Kane, or even everyone's Billy Madison, but among my circle of friends, it's canonical. The very idea of someone I regularly hang out with not having seen this movie is inconceivable, and yet, it's come up no less than twice in the past year. First it was Davekwon, and we corrected that as soon as I had knowledge of it.

Last night, however, I learned that Meryl had not seen this film. Not only that, she didn't know it existed. She's a fan of Night of the Living Dead, but didn't realize there were any more chapters to the story. I ask again... how does such a thing occur? Am I the first geek she's dated? That's an awful lot of pressure.

Anyway, to let you once again breathe easy, we watched Dawn of the Dead, and she even specifically picked out the extended cut. And yes, it was very much enjoyed. The one upside to coming across people who haven't seen the movie is that it gives me an excuse to watch it for the eight millionth time. Not that I need such an excuse. It's just nice to have it around.

I'm to be indoctrinated into the Lost cult tonight starting at 8, so if you don't see me post in the next few days, I've probably traded all my worldly goods for the first three seasons and holed up in my room. Send help.

Love, Andy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got this one man. You got this by the ass.

Funky D said...

Best post title EVAR!!!1!!1!1

I've seen that movie, right?

Andy said...

You've seen it at one group gathering or another.

Funky D said...

I know, I know. Trying to make a funny, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Keeper!

Swear, I'm responding to your e-mail. Just waiting for teh drunk.