Friday, January 11, 2008

7 of 11

As of January 10th, 2007, Walk Hard was still good, and America was still dumb for not realizing it. Also, Wes Anderson continues to impress me. With five feature films under his belt, I've never been disappointed in anything he's directed or written. I'm not terribly certain what was up with that Hotel Chevalier short. Maybe he didn't want it to break up the narrative of the feature. Or maybe he's just weird. Anyway, I like Wes Anderson. He's basically a much more consistent, less pretentious (not that it's much of a task) David O. Russell. Anderson's got an adaptation of Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mr. Fox up next, which ought to be awesome.

Since it was Studio 35, something had to go wrong, and both movies were riddled with delays early on. Once again I was told that there was NO WAY TO REWIND THE FILM AFTER IT STARTED. This still seems impossible to me.

I don't think I've mentioned this here, but I finally got a Playstation 2. I'm only seven or so years late to the party, but now I've got a great backlog of cheap games to go through. Spending most of my videogame time making and testing CPU logic for Fire Pro edits currently. That's right, people. I said CPU logic. I've got it going on.

I'm going to take a blogging break for at least Saturday and maybe Sunday, but here's a glimpse at the FUTURE.

Friday, January 11th: No plans. Holla at your boy.

Saturday, January 12th: Von Bondies at The Basement. No hollering needed, unless you also want to see the Von Bondies at The Basement.

Sunday, January 13th: MOTHERFUCKING TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. I have no idea why I'm so excited for this show, but I am. Maybe because it's being filmed on the same lot that the Gilmore Girls' Stars Hollow was at, but that seems pretty minor, really. Anyway, I predict greatness!

Until next time, let's duet!

Photobucket
Ain't no party like a Jenna party

No comments: