I've been watching a lot of
Frasier in syndication lately. I've determined that it is my favorite traditional (four camera w/ laugh track) sitcom of all time, with
Fawlty Towers being a close second, due largely to its comparative paucity of episodes. Still,
Frasier takes the cookie here, as it constantly delights me with its ability to take conventional sitcom plots and go in entirely different directions with them. No matter how many episodes I watch, I can't help but be dazzled by John Mahoney and David Hyde Pierce, as Martin and Niles Crane respectively, for their absolutely amazing portrayals. There's a reason this show won eight million Emmys in its eleven season run. HAIL FRASIER.

So blogophiles... what're your favorite sitcoms?
The Office doesn't count!
1 comment:
I don't know if I can nail down a single "numba one(!)" sitcom, but here are some that rizzock like planet rock:
3rd Rock
Frasier (you said it all; classic form sort of smartened up and prettier)
Dinosaurs
Police Squad
I dunno, I think these need to get subcategorized. Or I just don't care enough to choose a true favorite. Maybe that's the difference, cousin. My heart just isn't.. isn't... s-strong enough.
*faints*
Post a Comment