On a happier note, I also got to witness a theological debate this morning. Two earnestly insane people sitting half the bus away from one another started arguing over who it was better to pray to: God or the Wizard of Oz. it takes all kinds.
I get a weird thrill out of seeing normal people cornered on the bus by sub-normals. Part of me wants to throw them a life preserver, but then another, more vengeful part of me recalls the times when I myself have been cornered by sub-normals and not been rescued. I really don't need to answer sports trivia questions for half an hour provided by a guy with a plate in his head. Nope, sure don't. But where were my fellow riders when I gave an indicative roll of the eyes after provoking my own personal game show host to shout "Motherfucker!" for the fourth time by correctly answering a question regarding John Cooper? He thought he had me stumped, apparently.
A strategy game set in the world of FOOTBALL is forthcoming for the X-Box 360. That's right, BLOOD BOWL is going digital. Video game geniuses have somehow managed to cross-breed something geeky with something not geeky, and somehow come out with a sum more geeky than either of the original parts! And it's not just a football strategy game. It's a football strategy game with spells and mythical creatures and stuff! It's like Mutant League Football to the nth degree, only with a turn-based option, which actually sort of makes it like a fully realized Blitz Ball from FFX. I imagine Lee could be up on this at some point. Somewhere, Andrew is having flashbacks.

BLURN!
This just popped into my head for some reason, but other than "You look like Babe Ruth's gay brother... Gaybe Ruth", I think the best line in Knocked Up is Martin Starr's stoner girlfriend remarking to a pregnant Katherine Heigl: "You must be angry at the baby whenever it steals your food, huh? 'Ohh that's mine, not yours.' But, you know, because you're family you gotta share." I love that movie.
Speaking of Judd Apatow related ventures, the Napier Family Christmas Day Cinematic Treat for 2007, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is not getting such great reviews locally. Perhaps the BACKLASH truly has begun. I really miss Craig Robinson being on my television screen every week. It has an 80% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, however, and my own personal movie deity, the jawless Roger Ebert, gave it *** out of ****.
Wrestling matches are generally rated on a five-star scale by those that think it's important to rate wrestling matches. Neat story about that. While the rating system was popularized by Dave Meltzer with his Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was actually Jim Cornette and another man named Norm Dooley who dreamed it up. They started out with a four-star scale back in the '70s, but then saw a series of Terry Funky-Jerry Lawler matches that blew their original system to smithereens, thus the addition of a fifth star. That's been nearly thirty years ago, and with wrestling changing as much as it has, it's possible that the scale needs to be expanded once more. Of course, I don't rate matches that way, so I don't really care. Anyway, that's the back story. Ta-da!
I was originally going to allow written reviews by people who have actually played both games help me decide which college hoops game to buy this year. But then I saw that Greg Oden is on the cover of one, while Kevin Durant's wack visage haunts the other. Easiest decision I've ever made. Although... I should probably get LAST YEAR's game so I can actually play as Oden and Mike Conley. Tough decisions. I guess I could just buy an NBA game, because I don't think he has a season ending injury in video game land.
Anyway, it's been real. See you tomorrow!

SAY IT AIN'T SO.

8 comments:
Uh, up on it at some point? I got tingly when my brain figured out what my eyes were looking at. I'm sure there is some downside to playing it on X-Box, but removing the biggest hurdle (acquiring and setting up increasingly lame-ass and expensive figs) is such a godsend I'm close to speechless.
We need to work on our "free X-Box" ploys. There's got to be some system we can jack, and get away with X-Boxes by only having to buy some movies or some shit like that.
Me wanty.
Oh, and as far as "Dewey Cox" goes, the established media just isn't ready for John C. Reilly. He's about ten times funnier than they think, at least twice as talented an actor, but unfortunately about half as good-looking as they're used to. Apatow is kind of fucking them up with that shit, and I don't think they like it. Sub-pundit shits like pretty things and people, and Apatow doesn't really play ball like that.
You work on the free X-Boxes and let me know. I guess I could give up beer for a couple of months and save up. ROFFLE@UNLIKELINESS.
You know, Andy, you really should think about cutting back. I remember when my son had a drinking problem. I finally had to take that water-to-wine power away from him. He was just supposed to use it to show people he was something special, but... hey, my name isn't capitalized! WTF?!
Thanks, god.
That god thing was wack.
dude...
try Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Football
SEND IN THE TROLL!
Post a Comment