Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas in December

I give more hugs when I'm drunk. I also kiss dudes on the cheek in that state. My inner wop cannot be held back sometimes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"It's-a me, Leather Mario!"

BRO-ho-ho was a great time last night, even lacking the presence of Davekwon and Sorry Keith Jackson. I got my first Christmas present of the year, as Uncle Adam presented me with a inspirational 2008 wall calendar featuring all of my friends from The Office! Jenna is April, so that could be a long month for me. Possibly lasting into next December. We'll see.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks, Uncle Adam~!

The Cubs signed a Japanese outfielder named Fukudome to a four year, 48 million dollar contract. Did I mention that his name is Fukudome? That's awesome. He's also 30, so I see this going about as well as most big ticket acquisitions go for the Cubs. It boggles my mind how they can spend so much money and have so little to show for it year in and year out.

It's Wu-Tang Clan night at So What? Wednesdays down at Bourbon Street, so don't hate, or Dave will convince my cat to fine you.

You know what's weird? Attraction. As a heterosexual male, I meet many women that I can look upon and very academically determine to be quite pleasing to the eye. And of that group, there's a smaller subset whose company I enjoy. And within that, there's an even smaller subset who aren't so insane that I'd actually be afraid to date them. So we've got good looking, fun to be with, and a comfortable level of crazy. Why then, am I attracted to some and not others within this subset? On paper, they're basically the same. Attraction, as I may have noted, is weird. I guess no woman really has it all.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The exception that proves the rule

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's the classic head versus heart (or is that Hart?) "debacle." If you want to mate with (or at least practice mate with) another human being, you're going to have to accept that they're somewhat crazy. I'm glad you've gotten that far.

RE: Firings:
So it turns out it was some kind of housecleaning. Bar staff that wasn't even there on Monday got let go. Seems they're hitting the reset button because they told my friend "we're taking the place in a whole new direction." I wish them luck. @Adam: I had already been fired three times before this. Olive Garden was two times by itself.

Unknown said...

Oh, and the text message was "The greatest RAW superstar is YOU, sweetheart!"

So I hope I didn't spoil it this time.

DAVEKWON said...

Isn't the fukudome the place where OSU plays football? ZING!

Unknown said...

How was that a zing?

Anonymous said...

Lee: I was actually talking about friends' firings having come in threes. Franz, Keith, and me were the three.

Good thing I'm not superstitious.

Funky D said...

Wu-Tang night was pretty good, huh? Didn't pick up at all after you left (I stayed until 12:50 or so), unfortunately. And there was not nearly enough Peace for Connecticut without Davekweezie.