Friday, November 23, 2007

Massive Coronary

Hey, if anyone wants to brave the Black Friday awesomeness to head over to Best Buy to pick up the Tom Petty: Running Down a Dream DVD set for me, that'd be super duper. Just $29.99! No? No takers?

One of the three UFC matches I was actually looking forward to from now until February, Matt Serra defending his welterweight title against Matt Hughes, is off the books for the time being, as Serra suffered a herniated disc in training. This is the match that the current season of The Ultimate Fighter has been building up, and if it wasn't bad enough that this season has proven to be so boring that I stopped watching after five weeks, now it's all heading towards a fight that probably won't be happening until the spring at the earliest. This is why pro wrestling is better than real fighting. Unless you're Shawn Michaels in his heyday, if you suffer a herniated disc, at the very least you can job the title to the challenger before taking time off to get better and your big upcoming pay per view isn't completely shot in the foot. If Vince McMahon had a match that was going to do as many buys as Serra/Hughes was, you can bet your life that he'd carry the champion down to the ring if he had to. Come to think of it, that actually happened once. When the British Bulldogs were tag team champions in the mid-80s, Dynamite Kid's back became so bad that his partner, Davey Boy Smith, carried him piggyback down to the ring because Vince was so adamant that they lose the titles in the ring rather than have them stripped and vacated. He's a Hell of a humanitarian, that Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

That went on a bit longer than I had planned on. Sorry.

Abe's in town for Thanksgiving weekend and whatnot. Good times. As mentioned on another blog, we got to hang out on Tuesday night at BOB'S BAR down near Graceland, and that place is kind of wack, but they have a punch card challenge that I need to get down with at some point. Abe's little sister, who I hadn't seen in several years, is now totally John blazin' as well. Good job growing up! Oh, and as promised, I did indoctrinate Abe into the wonders of The Office Wednesday night, as we took down the six episodes of season one, the first two episodes of season two, and after a hip hop detour at the So What Wednesdays anniversary show, knocked out the next four season two eps as well. As I imagined, Abe is captivated!

I was just searching for a picture that could properly convey "captivated" and I came across a forum discussion of a girl whose hamster's eye fell out. It's kind of funny because the thread starts with the girl worried about her hamster because its eye is bulging, and after getting some advice from a veterinarian, she begins using some over the counter eye drops and it appears to be having the desired effect. Four days later, she posts an entry with the title "It Fell Out" and a purple frowny face next to the words. Awesome.

I watched seven of nine (HAHAHAHAHAHA DORK) F*R*I*E*N*D*S Thanksgiving episodes over the past few days and say what you will about that show (or my choosing to spell it out in the manner that I did), but they could do a Thanksgiving episode like nobody's business. I daresay the body of work in terms of their Turkey Day offerings is stronger than those of Roseanne. Rosie's still the queen of Halloween themed episodes though, South Park be damned.

Enough of my babbling for one day. Let's get out of here with a nice, easy Jenna pic that won't be too rough on my constitution.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
What? No! Jesus Christ, it is not possible! It's the big one, Lizbeth!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh. You could not withstand the shock to your shammies.

I had not ever heard that story about Dynamite Kid.

McMahon/McMahon '08!

Unknown said...

What's up with a lack of a Powerglove review? That bad?

Andy said...

I need more, honestly. I liked the Sonic stuff, but it was just a taste.

Unknown said...

argh Andy there is less than four hours of Saturday left!

DO WORK, SON!

Unknown said...

Um, Treehouse of Horror?