Friday, November 30, 2007

By the way... 500TH ENTRY

It's been an awfully long time since I started this blog up, so I don't really remember what my expectations were for it originally, but I don't think I imagined it lasting this long while still being maintained. I've got a few zombie message boards out there collecting dust, but you can hardly count those, and if you do, you can hardly be proud of them. And if you can, fuck you.

On day one, which for posterity's sake was Thursday, January 24th, 2004, I said "we'll see how the Great Experiment goes, as I'll probably just be using this to post my general thoughts on wrestling, TV shows, sports, books, my jackass friends, and as little as possible about my positively BURGEONING love life. (Gringe)"

I don't read as much as I'd like to. Other than that, I think I've managed to live up to my mission statement. Maybe a little too much with the wrestling at times, but I'd like to think I've struck a nice balance in the last couple of years. Probably has to do with not having any awareness at all of Jenna Fischer for that first year and a half or so.

You know that Glamorous song Fergie has? Does she say "flossy, flossy" or "flouncy, flouncy?" Either way is stupid, but the hook is stuck in my head so I might as well know the actual lyric.

Here's some things I noticed when going through the archives:

I used to go to Studio 35 a lot more often. I don't think that has anything to do with me, though. I think it's more to do with them not playing anything I want to see anymore. Which I suppose does speak to my taste in movies, so it does have to do with me. FINE.

When Ken Kennedy first debuted in 2005, I thought he was awesome. Go figure.

I used to take my smoking and drinking habits more seriously than I do now. Or I'd at least pay lip service to taking them seriously.

Lucas and I still haven't watched a Kentucky basketball game together.

I miss my old blog comments.

The Dirtbombs made a huge impression on me the first time I saw them, and have continued to do so with each subsequent viewing.

In a related note, I was through with white girls for almost eighteen whole months.

Dave was living in Cincinnati when I started this blog. I can't even remember what that was like. Not that I want him to move away or anything. It just feels like a million years ago. There's a huge difference in seeing someone every week and seeing someone every three or four months, that's for sure.

I used to take wrestling too seriously. I probably still do.

I miss B Movies and Beer events.

It's weird looking back at the deal where my friend Adam got married given how that's turned out.

I think the first picture I ever posted was that Von Erich family board game.

Too bad the whole Hassel the Hoff thing turned out to be a hoax, huh?

I thought TNA was GOING PLACES!

The Hip Hop Box has been missing for about three years.

Rock, Paper, Saddam is still funny as Hell.

Adam still hasn't made me a phat assed metal comp.

There are plenty of other nuggets of wisdom and reflection in the archives, and they're all just a click away!

Seriously, it's been (mostly) fun for 500 entries, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. Except for right now, because I just dosed myself with NyQuil and I'm ready to hit the pillow like a Samoan. Speak to you tomorrow, and hey, thanks so much to everyone reading this. I wouldn't have made it this far without you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"I'ma get-get-get-get you drunk."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh god, she must HATE that picture. Har har.

Beer and B movies can be un-missed with a modicum of effort, but I would say there's no point in trying to make that happen before the first of the year.

"Dub tee eff is 'two papers?'"