Monday, August 13, 2007

Post Much?

Indeed I do! Twyman showing up and blowing my mind a couple of posts down has thrown me off-kilter, in a good way. It briefly knocked right out of my head everything I'd planned to write about this afternoon, but I think I got it back for the most part.

Here are some things:

I watched five minutes of Drake and Josh on Nickelodeon the other day, and it's awesome in its own little way. I don't think I'll ever seek it out or purposely watch it again, but it made me think of what The Steve Harvey Show (what up, Cody!?) would have been had it just been Omar Gooding and Lori Beth Denberg featured on the "A" story and Starvey (no seriously, WHAT UP CODY!?) relegated to subplots. Remember the Super Mario Brothers daily show, and how on Fridays you'd get a Zelda cartoon? I always hated Fridays for that very reason, although I have this feeling that those would be way more watchable than the featured Mario cartoons. This reminds me that I need to get Captain N: The Game Master on DVD at some point in the near future. Likely not in TWENTY-TWO days, though. You all know why by this point, and we'll get to it at the end.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NERD!

What's up with "spending time with my family" excuses for leaving high-ranking governmental posts? It's tantamount to saying, "Fuck you, you know what I did, and I know what I did, but... FUCK YOU!" to the entire country. Whatever. Later on, Turd Blossom. I hope that this doesn't just mean that he's now going to be running things from the summer house in Florida. Oh, and for the record, and in case I read this in 20 years and have no idea what I'm talking about, this is in reference to Karl Rove and how he's resigning. Thank you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks, Photoshop Crystal Ball!

RAW tonight is at least semi-intriguing due to the presumed continuation of the illegitimate child storyline. I won't reveal who is expected to be the bastard son or daughter in deference to Keith, but if it turns out as planned it could lead to some very interesting television in the fall. It's amazing to me that they actually have something big planned for this time of year, as WWE tends to peak creatively in March with Wrestlemania, and then flatline for a couple of months. They usually get it up again to some degree for Summerslam (Rock versus Brock in 2002, Hogan versus Michaels in 2005 for example), and then just kind of putter along for the rest of the year, right up until Royal Rumble. The fact that they have an actual big, long term storyline brewing right now, in mid-August, that probably won't be paid off until the end of the year, is amazing to me. Even with Big Dave and Hunter, sure, it paid off at Wrestlemania, but it didn't even really start gathering steam until December of the previous year. I could be reading this one wrong and they'll rush to the finish in a couple of weeks, but WWE has been good about slow builds lately, and I think this will be a fun one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That's just my baby's daddy.

I watched about half of D.C. Cab again yesterday afternoon, and there's something that I can't understand. How is it that Adam Baldwin was in this film, My Bodyguard, and Firefly/Serenity and he's not eight million times more successful than his fake brothers? Okay, he's probably actually more successful at this point than all of them but Alec, but still. D.C. Cab is an awfully terrible movie, but I just feel like somebody missed the boat on Adam Baldwin back in the mid-late '80s. How did nobody pick up on him after his turn in Full Metal Jacket? Bah. Also, this time I noticed that Grady from Sanford and Son is in it, which doesn't help it be a better movie. It's kind of neat though. Anyway, Adam Baldwin could easily be A Bridge Too Far/The Natural/Out of Africa era Robert Redford if someone would just GIVE HIM THE CHANCE. Instead he's playing third banana in mid-season Taye Diggs serialized dramas and NBC sitcoms. BE FAIR TO BALDWIN!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
LEADING MAN

I'm PISSED now!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
AND THESE T-SHIRTS ARE TOO TIGHT TOO, BILLY!

I'm better now. Still a little edgy. I think I know what will help that, though.

BROIN' DOWN 3: SPECIAL BROCCASION~!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby!

7:00 tomorrow night. Come on down if you happen to read this and are so inclined. Oh, and are also a BRO. I'm pretty sure that the only three women who read this thing aren't in the Columbus area though. But seriously, no gurlz allowed. The people going are already sold on it, so I don't know what else to say, really. Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! There. I'm a regular Freaky Tah.

Lessee... Budos is on Thursday, and that should be a good time. I saw them open for/play with Sharon Jones last December in Cleveland, and I have no idea how they're going to be configured in such a small space. This is the biggest night in the young career of DJ OPS, and I'm very excited to see him getting the chance to rub elbows with the musical equivalent of "C" list celebrities. Which is fine, because according to Funkdefy's BIG PLAN, it's just two short steps from this to "B" list celebrities! Or at least one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Columbus isn't ready for this jelly.

Is it true that Kentucky resident Young Chops is actually coming up for this thing? That would be groovetacular. I haven't seen that dude in WEEKS.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Young Chops, according to Google Image Search. Pay no attention to the douche on the wall.

In closing... well, just shy of closing (you know what has to happen), I'd just like to say that despite a couple of valleys, I'm feeling weirdly energized with the blog. Most days it's not so difficult to come up with content, and I wonder if I had actually set my mind to it if I could have been doing this all along. Maybe I needed Jenna as a rallying point. Hard to say. Regardless, even though commenting is low, I know that readership is actually in the TENS right now, and I'm very happy that so many of you check up on it every day. Special thanks of course go to Andrew, who seemingly checked up on it every day even during the long, dark teatime of the soul that was April through June. You are truly the man.

I noticed something today while perusing Andrew's blog. I'm mentioned a LOT. I mean A LOT. Like, every other post (at least) has something about "Andy and I" or "me and Young Lord Nappius" or "the Nappy Pappy and THIS dude". Then I realized that MY BLOG IS THE SAME WAY. Me and Andrew are either QUEER FOR EACH OTHER IN NOT SO SECRET FASHION, or just BFF. In the spirit of making sure nobody thinks I'm a Mary, I am going to make the following picture into matching t-shirts for me and my dude.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Better than two bears sippin' whiskey, right?

Jason's going to feel left out if I don't mention him. HEY, SHARP. Where were you last night? I actively needed to talk to you about something, and now the memory of it is GONE. Useless.

So, with all that said (and MAN was there ever a lot of it)... TWOTY-TWO DAYS until The Office Season 3 rocks my socks forever and ever! Who's going to Meijer with me!?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
To be Conan... for just six minutes.

5 comments:

Funky D said...

Yeah, let's stick with BFF, huh? Definitely better than those damn bears. And yes, excitement for Budos is everywhere! Contagious!

Unknown said...

Andrew is now in my book of enemies, now two names long, enjoy the company dave.


in two days time i shall arrive at your new home and remove all of the things i helped put there. very probably destroying anything else that catches my eye.

Andy said...

JASON GAVE IN.

Funky D said...

Also, the word from Renkes (who I think is still awaiting your call but I told him bout Broccasion Tres) is that Chops is NOT coming up Thursday. He's on the borderline for passing his insurance/whatever exam and needs to study to succeed! Sad, but Chopsy Chops does need a jobby job.

Andy said...

This is a failure of epic proportions.