
Me, last night, as a pumpkin.
That comes at the end though. Prior to that, there was much merriment to be had at Broin' Down 3: Special Broccasion! A crew of six (THAT'S RIGHT, SIX) convened at Ruby Tuesday last night for some dude time. We've added to the group each month, and Adam and I are alternately fearful and optimistic about the prospects of forming some kind of 2K7 Masonic Brotherhood based around the time Crispin Glover almost karate kicked David Letterman if it gets much bigger.

All Hail Number One!
Myself, Uncle Adam, Lucas (with the lid off), DJ OPS, Kool Keith, and Old Renkes broed for hours! Europe was discussed, I remember that. And uh... the phrase "warm for your form" has stuck in my mind for some reason I'm sure is related. Beyond that, I have very little memory of anything but FUN. We did however, lay down the names for the next three Bro Down nights.
Tuesday, September 11th (you know, to honor the dead): Broin' Down 4: ABROmatherapy
October: Broin' Down 5: OctBROberfest
November is tricky, because there are two candidates. Which do YOU like? Brovember Rain OR Brovember to Remember. I have a feeling I know which one a certain Paul Collins will favor.
Finally, Old Renkes and DJ OPS departed, and the beer kept flowing as freely as ever.
OH! I have to interrupt my own narrative here, because I DID play a six song set on the jukebox comprising of "Shame on a Nigga", "Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' to Fuck With", "Method Man", "Protect Ya Neck", C.R.E.A.M.", all from that first, most awesome Wu Tang Clan album, and finally "Clocks" by Coldplay. I vehemently denied that it was me playing "Clocks" at the time, but I'm far enough removed to own up to it now.
Anyhow, we finally got up and left. I hugged Keith as I always do. I hug Keith because I always have the feeling that it may be the last time I see him. Who's to know when he's going to just cut me out of his life? I cherish every moment with the real Doctor Octagon, Keith Jackson.
I was quite drunk, so after walking home with Adam, I went inside and puked. And puked well! Then I went to sleep. I woke up this morning with a sore tummy, so I guess my unkrunkability is now in serious question. That makes me sad. On the positive tip, I had TWO CHEESE STICKS in my pants pockets. I guess I felt the need for cheese before I threw up. MAYBE CHEESE MADE ME THROW UP. THAT'S IT! I AM LACTOSE INTOLERANT AND STILL UNKRUNKABLE. Thank God.
Moving on, I went to school. I sat in class, and didn't hear a word my professor said. And then it hit me. I had to puke. And I had to puke RIGHT THEN, no waiting. I leapt from my seat, darted off to the bathroom, and hurled in a trash can. The toilet was too far away. Upon my return to class, a classmate just had to bring it up. My succinct explanation? "Long night."
I was going to write about some other things as well, but what's the point, really? I can get to that stuff tomorrow.
What I can't get to tomorrow is the announcement that it is now TWENTY days until the release of The Office Season 3 on DVD. Literally I can't get to it tomorrow. Because it will then not be true, ya heard?

Pam Beesly's reaction to hearing that you're NOT rushing out to purchase the DVD. Don't do that to her.

1 comment:
There was this magic moment when everyone stopped what they were doing or saying to ponder "clocks."
Looking back with blurry hindsight, the array of confused looks was worth it.
I was thinking matador hats!
They're magnificent.
I think our patron saint of Awesome would approve.
Post a Comment