I believe that terming week 2 of the RAWnaissance anything less than a smashing success would ring quite false! With a hearty attendance of five in total and Young Lee Masheter coming next week, happy days are here again indeed. Jokes were told, future plans were entered into PDAs, mental notes were taken. Cheers to Keith for character development. This week he added a black leather glove to his "Keith Jackson: Problem Drinker" persona. What does it mean? Is it a sign that he's siding with the Wolfpac? Tune into Nitro to find out. Also, there was wrestling.
For those that didn't make it down to The Rumba Cafe on Saturday, first of all, for shame. Secondly, it was a very good night of Funkdefy in a very different environment. I wouldn't want to pay five bucks for record spinning every week, but four times a year (which seems to be the timetable currently) should work out quite well. Lucas, Chops, and myself came out to lend our support and scrill to Andrew's endeavor and I would venture to say that we were not disappointed!
Bam Bam Bigelow died the other day, and that was disappointing. It occurred to me when I didn't immediately rush to memorialize him on the blog that I'm becoming numb to these wrestling deaths. They're so frequent now, and all from the same age group and era, that it's pointless to try and keep up with it. Suffice it to say that as a huge fan of fat boy wrestlers, I liked Bam Bam Bigelow a lot.
I'm skipping the State of the Union tonight, but be sure to catch all the fallout on MSNBC with Olbermann and Matthews. Their other joint shows have been really entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wordup son! Thanks for the props. The newly scheduled date for the next FunkDefy appearance at the Rumba is Saturday, April 28. And yes, RAW was fun last night: "...it looks like Coach just gotten taken to the woodshed...on his way to the woodshed!" Thanks for the sweet Bam Bam match. RIP.
Post a Comment