Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wrestling Night

You know what I miss? Watching RAW with everybody every Monday night. That was a fun era, stretching from late 1997 pretty much into mid-2003, and I've been thinking lately that I'd like to resuscitate it for 2007 if there's any interest in such a thing.

There are four primetime wrestling shows on TV nowadays. If you have any desire to join me on a wrestling night renaissance, leave a comment about your preference. I'll run them down quickly.

WWE Monday Night RAW (Mondays, 9:00 pm-11:05 pm) - The venerable warhorse, the standard bearer. Featured stars include John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, and Randy Orton.

ECW (Tuesdays, 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm) - Take everything you remember about ECW and throw it out the window, though it's actually a pretty well booked show, going at a logical, methodical pace. Top stars include Rob Van Dam, Sabu, The Big Show, CM Punk, and Bobby Lashley.

TNA Impact (Thursdays, 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm) - TNA's finally got primetime, and it's sort of a mess of a show at the moment, but hopefully it'll settle down. Main stars include Kurt Angle, Christian, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Christopher Daniels.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown! (Fridays, 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm) - The best wrestling in WWE tends to end up on this show, mainly based on Vince McMahon not paying much attention to it. Top stars include Batista, King Booker, Finlay, The Undertaker, and Kane.

So, if you want to restore the sense of community~!, cast your vote!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm down, but Mondays would be only every other week for me. On the other hand, I feel like the two-hour shows make for a better night overall, and Friday seems like a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

My vote is cast for Raw, simply because it offers the greatest chance of hearing Lee cackle.

Unknown said...

If Keith is voting RAW, I shall vote RAW as well. As I said, though, it's only going to be about half the time. BEST I CAN DO!

Andy said...

I think that will be the plan then. What say we start... January 8th? That work? TOO BAD. THAT'S WHEN IT IS.

Funky D said...

i'm down, doggggggs.