Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lazy Wednesday (Oh Christ a Samberg pun)

I'm sitting here at the library (that'd be the learnin' one, not the drinkin' one), and I have an Italian class in two hours and fifty minutes. I should probably give myself a thirty minute cushion to get over to the building and get settled in and all, which makes it two hours and twenty minutes. Plus I have a little bit of last minute homework to get to, and that'll take twenty minutes or so. All right, I have two hours to sit here and bullshit. How long can I talk about nothing? I ask you! Let's find out!

Grudge 2 is still a 'go' as far as I'm concerned, though I have confirmation from only one other person. I'm very disappointed by this response. Part of it is my fault, as I was supposed to get a copy of Grudge-Gu to Keith and April on Saturday and utterly failed, so that's their excuse. The rest of you, two days away. Come on now. I saw Sarah Michelle Gellar on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning, and holy cow is she ever unengaging and vapid whilst doing the press gauntlet. I had planned on taping her Conan appearance tonight, but I may have to reconsider. I love her on Buffy and especially in The Grudge, but god damn, a bubble was burst.

Television is back, in case you didn't know. I'm watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and The Class as far as new stuff goes. I'm trying to get into Ugly Betty and Help Me Help You, but they may be lost causes. Speaking of, I'm about three weeks behind on Bones, which breaks my heart as I love David Boreanaz and Emily DeSchanel, and it's not that the shows aren't engaging (eventually), but it really takes a good fifteen or twenty minutes for it to hook me, and I struggle. On the positive tip, Masterpiece Theater's presentation of Casanova is flippin' awesome so far. Part 1 should be replaying throughout this week, and Part 2 debuts on Sunday night, also with replays throughout the week of the 15th.

This is sort of the same topic, but I feel like it deserves its own paragraph, so that's what we'll do. Flavor of Love 2 is gearing up for its second season finale, and I am heartbroken. I have a feeling that this is the end for the Flavor Flav branded entertainment monolith that began a few years back on The Surreal Life, continued on into Strange Love, and finally morphed into the world's greatest dating show, Flavor of Love. Last season, the Jezebel HOOPS (or Hoopz, I don't remember), was the victor, beating out the world's greatest heel, New York. Hoopz turned out to be in it for the FAME, and left Flav after achieving a modeling contract or something. But this year, we're down to the final two, and it's Deelishis (or D.A.G. as Andrew likes to call her, for her resemblance to comedic actor David Allen Grier) up against the villainous New York, who returned mid-season in a shocking turn of events right out of a telenovela... or RAW. The problem with this is, neither of them are drop dead gorgeous enough to be a model, and they both seem to actually care about Flav (New York obsessively so), so I see either of these potential relationships lasting long enough to at least forestall production of a third season. This is very sad. VH1 has got to figure out something to feature Flav in if he actually finds true love here. If I don't have Flavor of Love, I ain't got no love at all.

You know what I listened to last night after getting home from the Ultimate Fighting dealy? Purple, by Stone Temple Pilots. I hadn't ever listened to any of their albums intently, and you know what? I'm never going to again. Fuck that album. It has that song from The Crow on it, and after I heard that I had a little flicker of recognition, but by that point I had been killed dead by Pretty Penny a couple tracks back, and there was no hope. I did it for you, Patton. And it was wack. I'm sure I'll get some rap about how Core and Tiny Music bookend this one shitty album, but I'm not buyin' into that hoodwink. I now know the REAL truth about STP. I haven't felt so enlightened since the most recent Chick Tract dropped. Come to think of it...

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1032/1032_01.asp?wpc=1032_01.asp&wpp=a

Oh yes. It's season appropriate, too. This is what happens when you celebrate Halloween, evil ones!

Okay, I killed forty-five minutes. That's not bad. I might just go ahead and get that homework out of the way right now. Peace, Connecticut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been having the folks opening all of my company's mail collect all the religious propaganda that's included with the enrollment cards and other correspondence. Last week was a huge day, two chick comics! I was so excited.

One is entitled: Love The Jewish People

(This one seems a bit at odds with "Where's Rabbi Waxman?")

The other: This Was Your Life

It was a good day.

I should show you all the rather full folder of pamphlets I have. Maybe when and if "Poobis: The Ressurection" surfaces, I'll scan them all in.

Funky D said...

Oh, you people. Your love of Jack Chick or whatever has clouded your vision of the real issue here: Andy's irrational hate of STP, the best band that evAr existed!!11! No, but seriously. Purple, yeah, it's not up there with Tiny Music and Core, but there's still some gems. I think you need to listen to other albums to get the true context of this portion of their body of work, broseph.

Anonymous said...

You could not be more wrong about the pwnage that is Purple. In fact, cue Dr. Cox's "Big Ben" song.

About SMG, you saw her on Regis/Kelly. You think Conan would let her be vapid?? Damn it. I would've liked to see that.

If New York wins FoL2, I surmise that it would virtually guarantee a 3rd spinoff or a season that doesn't involve a competition. Flavor Knows Best, if you will.

Andy said...

I actually did end up watching the Conan appearance, and she was better prepared. Maybe she's just not a morning person.