It's a Saturday in October, and that means the Buckeyes are getting ready to whoop up on somebody. In 1998, a then Number One ranked Ohio State squad was bewildered by a fourth quarter Spartan comeback, spoiling our chances at a national championship. This year we face a similar situation, except we're actually on Michigan State's turf this time. Jim Tressel is better at coaching up his squad for the big games than John Cooper ever was, so I have a lot of confidence that this won't mark the '06 squad's downfall. If I write a drunken, pissed off entry this evening, you'll know that my confidence was misplaced.
Tonight is the UFC ppv, and I believe that I'm going with Keith and April. Anyone else care to watch men hit one another at 10 pm? Middleweight title in the main event, with Rich "Ace" Franklin and Anderson "Spider" Silva. Should be raaaaaaaaad.
The KOV+1-1 (me, Davekwon, and Funky D) saw The Grudge 2 last night, and unlike the wretched Ring 2, this lived up to its predecessor. Saras Michelle Gellar's role isn't as big as I would have liked, but Amber Tamblyn picks up the slack just fine. I won't get into specifics because Keith will have a stroke if he reads a spoiler, but suffice to say, this was a perfectly fine horror movie. I love October.
Anyway, until next time, you... that's right, you there, have been blogged.
***********UPDATE*************
So, Ohio State rolled to an easy 38-7 victory.
Also, I'm not going to UFC because COTA hates me. Wack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Damn it. We tried calling you. Do you know the results of the PPV yet? As you have taken such care to preserve my blood vessels, I must do the same for you and refrain from comment for now.
("oweny" - Owen Y., Ed bauva's pal)
Yeah, I read results. Was the Silva win really as much of a domination as it read like? That's a scary man.
Pretty much. Silva seemed fairly unaffected. I'm curious about how this will affect TUF, if at all.
I presume it just means that whoever wins the middleweight division will get slaughtered by Anderson Silva, in which case I feel very sorry for that man.
Matt Serra versus Matt Hughes I think would be good, though.
Post a Comment