With Studio 35 actually being fiscally responsible (otherwise known as MEAN) and not holding a horror marathon this year, that leaves the Drexel Grandview as the location for the INCREDIBLE 2 HEADED MARATHON. I'm not making that title up. I will wear my Studio 35 marathon shirt from last year in silent protest, just so I can be as much of a hypocrite as humanly possible.
Anyway, it's a 14 hour deal, running from 10 pm on Saturday until 12 pm on Sunday. Tickets are $16 in advance, $20 at the door. You can buy them at the Drexel Grandview or the Drexel East, but the easiest way to get them is probably by going over to the Laughing Ogre, since their hours aren't 5-11, like those ridiculous movie theaters. Below is the lineup. And yes, it's a lot of obscure European and Asian shit, and I apologize for that. Apparently the guy who organizes it and books the movies is kind of a wank. But it's the only game in town.
The OHIO PREMIERE of THREE EXTREMES! The groundbreaking horror omnibus from Takashi (AUDITION) Miike, Chan-Wook (OLDBOY) Park and Fruit Chan!
A 25th Anniversary screening of Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING!
A rare 35mm screening of the Italian cut of Mario Bava's BLACK SABBATH!
Oliver Reed and Samantha Eggar in David Cronenberg's disturbing classic THE BROOD!
Lamberto Bava's gonzo gorefest at a horror marathon DEMONS!
Lycanthropy runs wild in the infamous LEGEND OF THE WOLFWOMAN!
From the vaults of Hollywood sleaze maven Johnny Legend comes KUNG FU CANNIBALS!
So yeah. Lots of horror. Woogie boogie. Who's in?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am. I'm dissapointed that Studio 35 is not doing their thing this year -- I mean, honestly, is Drexel going to show something as great as the goat movie? Snobs.
my ass is asleep and i'm popping advil for the backpain just reading about this!
you kids are freaking hardcore!
(cue- adam running in singing "no you're not hardcore, [high-pitched- no you're not hardcore], unless you live hardcore [unless you live hardcore], and the legend of the rent was WAYYYY harrrddcoorrrreeee. and yes, he does do the little dance.)
Post a Comment