Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Last Son of Krypton

So, it's early in the morning and I'm heading out to see a new psychiatrist for medication management, etc. I've never really liked psychiatrists. I haven't found one who has given me the right therapy:perscription ratio. It's all about the pills with these people. Just because you're made of fire doesn't mean that you have to burn down everything you see. It's 6:24, so that might not make sense, but it works in my head. The point is, I prefer psychologists. Maybe I just lucked out and got a good one a few years ago.

So, the REALLY good news is that I get to tell this complete stranger all about my medical history. "So, I was 16 when I started feeling dizzy and passing out." Cut to oh, thirty minutes later, "And I'm still dizzy and I still pass out."

This has to be at least the twentieth medical professional I'm going to have to regale with my tale of woe. I feel like a superhero with a really undesirable power who has to tell his origin story over and over again.

"Tell us once more, Priapism Man, from whence do you come?"

Anyway, I gotta go. Have a good one folks.

3 comments:

Funky D said...

Someday they'll figure out the Raven Effect, someday.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered threatening the doctors? Not with violence, mind you. But let them know how important you are, like the customers here. Explain that if they don't fix you, they'll lose a lot of business or something.

katato said...

ya know back in the day when i was having a hard time finding a psychiatrist that fit, since ofra was just an mfcc and couldn't prescribe the happy pills, i dreaded the same thing... although yours is a much different story. i swore if i had to do that much longer i was just gonna write it down and make them read it.

...good luck ohio!