Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Repent, for the end is extremely fucking nigh

Motherfucking science goes too far

Okay, if you don't want to read the article, the upshot is that some scientists have been experimenting with REANIMATING dogs that have been dead for several hours. Why? Supposedly to advance research in suspended animation for humans.

I always knew that the zombie apocalypse was coming, but I never imagined it would start this way. Here's one of the reanimated dogs.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Does that look NATURAL to you? Damn it, I'm not ready. We don't have our house boat. I don't have supplies prepared. I haven't completed my online gun toting courses. I don't even know how to train zombies to be good little boys and girls.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bub says, "Hello, Aunt Alicia."

It doesn't help that I've been having serious home invasion/zombie fear the past week. I blame that damn Romero. The worst part is, thanks to him, when the zombies DO come for me, they'll probably stop and talk to me for fifteen minutes about how our culture cannibalizes itslef, or how consumerism is bad, or how Che Guevara would kick George Bush's ass in a shoot fight with gasoline and fire. And then to add injury to boredom, he'd eat me.

Okay, I'm sorry, George Romero. You know I LUVVVVVVS you. I'm just scared.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Wow. Can't even get comments with zombie dogs and Bub. I think this officially spells curtains for the ol' blog.

Anonymous said...

Well -

I'm pretty much just too stunned at zombie dogs to say anything meaningful. It's scary that zombie DOGS are a reality, more so than zombie humans, which tend to be slower and much easier to dodge. Zombie dogs = curtains for America.

[kehnine]

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is jump up and kick them in the head.

Anonymous said...

Y'oughta post something about this in the zombie forum, btw.

Anonymous said...

I said all I had to say last night. I went through the stages. I did the fear, did the anger and now I'm doing the denial. I probably mixed the stages, but whatever, it's all fucked up.

Andy said...

You forgot the rationalizations. That was fun too.

Anonymous said...

I thought that went with the denial. Where's Cody(Cory)'s opinion? Huh?

Andy said...

He's on vacation in Padre.

Anonymous said...

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

That dog = scary. That's my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Well, hell, that boy can get something right.

Anonymous said...

spukie say: not to be a bitch or anything, but this is old news. i mean REALLY old news. try back in the 40's and 50's, when Soviet scientists were beheading dogs, hooking the heads up with independent blood supply, and then getting reactions from the severed heads when food was introduced to them. there are experiments where blood was removed from the body and replaced and the dog was brought back to life. i watched one experiment where they drowned a dog in a fishtank and revived it later. it was absolutely horrible to watch a dog get drowned for science. the dog ended up okay afterwards, but still...and the dog head that reacted to food is something i've been trying to get out of my head for years.
Cryogenics is part of this, you know. the whole thing both fascinates me and freaks me right the fuck out, and i'm glad i have my Zombie Survival Guide. i'm so woefully unprepared for the eventual infestation to come...

Andy said...

Yeah, mine has been on loan for quite a while now. Along with my Bruce Campbell autobiography. I STILL don't think Lee has read that.