It's weird to watch "MTV Jams" in the year 2005. I feel like "House of Style" should be coming on anytime now. This is the second time I've watched this particular episode, mainly because I wanted to see the Slim Thug video again. I still don't get why you put Bun B in a song and rap over a Neptunes beat. Where's the Southern flava? It's BUN B!
The Boyz N the (da?) Hood video is pretty wack. It reminded me of that Kanye "Through the Wire" video. Kanye needs to break through a Southern guy. Where's Junior the Chocolate Bandit these days? I do have to note that this video DID have a hot black stripper in a Ramones shirt, though. That was cool.
While Kanye is the topic, it's hard not to mention his new video. I have no idea what's going on in it. It seems to be about the shadiness of the ice business, but there's also all kinds of weird Ingmar Bergman looking shit in it, like playing organs for no good reason. Fuck Ingmar Bergman and fuck Kanye.
"Hollaback Girl" was not watched by me, but Gwen Stefani is like 35 years old and she ought to know better not to dress like that.
This post was... B-A-N-A-N-A-S. BANANAS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
spukey say: Gwen Stefani should work that shit as hard as she can until it's gone. :)
Post a Comment