
Perhaps known as much for being married to a (in her day) spectacular hottie like Tammy "Sunny" Sytch as for being a really good wrestler and funny interview, Chris Candido passed away late last night (early Friday morning) at the age of 33. Chris never became as big a star as he should have, due primarily to his height and being disliked by Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash. But for those of us who were able to watch him in ECW, we saw a truly gifted performer, one blessed with both in ring and comedic timing. Add to that his obvious love of the wrestling business, and you have a veritable Triple Threat on your hands.
Chris had his leg broken by an errant dropkick last week at NWA TNA's Sunday pay per view. The break, and the subsequent surgery, caused a blood clot in his leg, which killed him yesterday. With so many wrestling deaths in the past several years, they sometimes seem to run together. But Chris Candido will always have a place in my heart. He's one of the reasons I was able to look at ECW and stick around to see past the production values, the lighting, and the wrestlers I'd never heard of. He was very gifted, and I will miss him on my television.
And because she used to be scorching, I leave you with his widow, Tammy Sytch. I only hope that her life doesn't spiral out of control any farther without her husband to anchor her.

1 comment:
I remember the name, but nothing specific about him. It looks like he was cool. RIP.
Post a Comment