Sunday, January 16, 2005

You know who rocks? My UNCLE.



Ritchey Brothers Band/Sens - Little Brothers, January 15th, 2005

Yes. YES! I finally got to see the Ritchey Brothers Band last night, and they RULED. Sens was kind of "eh". I felt bad because it was their farewell show, but I just wasn't feelin' it and it didn't seem like the other twelve people in attendance were either. Actually, it wasn't that bad, attendance-wise. Young, drunken hippie slores were abundant, most of them dating members of the middle aged bands though, seemingly. But none of that mattered once the lights came on (and the lights seriously came on. I felt like I was at a show at least twice the size of the one I was actually at; light dude went NUTZ), because the Ritchey Brothers, and their band, know how to sling some guns. Despite a couple of iffy lyrics like, "You're in St. Louis, but I'm in MISERY", it was a jammin' good time. I even got to use a Cowboy Bebop joke in reference to it that nobody got, making me feel foolish. Thanks, jerks. Thanks a lot.

Aside from that, I got to see my T1 favorite cousin, Annie! (My other T1 favorite cousin was left at his crib with the plague or something. "Freaks and Geeks" were had by all, though.) Annie is always a delight to hang out with, and I really don't take advantage of it enough. Anyway, the Ritchey's are playing Lil' Bros again on Saturday, February 26th, so it'd be cool if people could check them out. I don't know if I'll be too tired from RING OF HONOR IN DAYTON the night before, but I'll give it a shot. Speaking of which, I'm gonna get organized on that Ring of Honor show soon. I'll send an E-mail to all the potentially interested parties about ticket prices and shiz.

Tonight I've got a full docket, between watching the Colts and the Patriots, buying Farscape Season 4 (LEE YOU READ THAT RIGHT! IT'S ON, BITCH!), going back and forth on whether or not to reward NWA TNA for their shoddy booking by ordering their ppv, and finally, heading to Bernie's for a Racist Joe/Spitball doubleheader. Yes. Work will be a blast tomorrow. Peace, homeys.

2 comments:

Funky D said...

Well, hopefully work will still be a blast. I mean, the fun-inducing awesomeness of 2.3 hours of sleep is hard to replicate. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Funky D said...

Oh, and yes, the Ritcheys did indeed rock. Like Andy said, I hope I'm able to be up and rocking at 2 AM when I'm 40-something. Well-rocked, we were.